Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Black Friday!!!

Did you go shopping??  I didn't,  I hate to shop,  unless it is for food..  I love shopping for food..    Though I have enjoyed watching the Target Black Friday commercials,  they crack me up.. 
Did you cook for Thanksgiving or go to a friend or relatives house??  I have been cooking for Thanksgiving by myself for over 20 years..  Doesn't feel that long,  but it has been..  So if you cooked,  what are you going to do with your leftovers??  Do you try to reinvent them,  or do you just let everyone eat them the way they are??  My mom always just left them for us to eat them how they were..  I don't remember ever getting tired of eating them..  I loved Thanksgiving leftovers,  probably because we didn't have much of a variety of foods growing up..  We had beans, potatoes and cornbread..  the type of bean would vary,  the potatoes would be cooked differently a couple nights a week and then on Sunday we would have some type of meat,  roast beef, chicken, fish...   so it wasn't such a big deal like now to reinvent turkey day leftovers..    I myself enjoy them like they are..  love making a turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry sauce on it..  
All I know is someone needs to come over and eat these damn pies..   
Speaking of pies,  I just remembered I am supposed to be making pecan bars to take to work tonight..    so off I go,  baking again..  hehe..  will post the recipe in a bit.. 
Everyone have a good morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment