Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Tuesday!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!  I hope you are all well and excited about Thanksgiving..  I made my cranberry sauce last night..  I will post pictures,  and this evening I put the green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole and the broccoli rice casserole together,  they are all in the fridge getting happy..   I made a note of what I used for the Broccoli Rice Casserole,  so you are getting the recipe..

Broccoli Rice Casserole

1c white rice
2c water
2 16 oz pkgs frozen broccoli or 2 fresh heads of broccoli chopped
2 cans broccoli cheese soup
1/2c milk
cracked black pepper

Cook rice according to pkg directions,  while it it cooking,  thaw broccoli in a collander in the sink.  If using fresh, blanch in boiling water for about 2 minutes,  then drain.    Mix the 2 cans of soup in a large bowl with the milk and pepper,  add the broccoli and rice and mix well.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes..  can top with shredded cheddar cheese or buttered crackers or both the last 5 minutes of baking.
I hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment