Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Morning!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!
I hope everyone slept well!!   I am so glad it is Thursday,  it means I work today and tomorrow and am off the weekend!!! 
Have lots of cleaning to do to get ready for Thanksgiving..   I love Thanksgiving..  the simplicity of it..  don't get me wrong,  I LOVE Christmas too..  but the only expectations around Thanksgiving is that there is good food, good company and good FOOTBALL!!  I have been helping cook Thanksgiving dinner since I can remember..  My mom had this China that my Dad bought and sent her from Korea when he was in the war and it wasn't the prettiest design,  but it was unique..  My niece now has it..   We would get it all down off the china cabinet and wash it,  dust the china cabinet and then put it back..  We would start the weekend before Thanksgiving and we stayed busy up until Thanksgiving cleaning..  it was a bonding experience.. the holidays are bitter sweet for me..  I miss my mom..  She taught me a lot about cooking and the rest I learned from trial and error,  being willing to try new recipes and then creating my own..   We never decorated for Thanksgiving,  but I do..  I started collecting the Publix Pilgrims years ago and I believe that I have the whole set,  plus have some leaf and pumpkin bowls scattered about..   I also found some really cute leaf candles and leaf candle holders.  If I can remember I will take pics this evening when I get home..
I think tonight is going to be a clean out the refrigerator night to get ready for my big shopping planned for Saturday..   I have this problem with Thanksgiving..  it has always been find the biggest turkey and buy it..  but this year I am going to buy an all natural,  hormone and antibiotic free turkey,  so it isn't going to be that big..  and I am going to have to get over the biggest turkey ever obsession that I have..   and I can for Samantha's sake!!   I can't wait for all the smells that I associate with Thanksgiving..  Still not sure about desserts..  we don't really eat them,  but I don't know.. we will see.. will have to talk to the children again and see what they say about it..  :)
I need to finish getting ready for work!!  I hope that everyone has a fantastic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment