Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Thursday Evening!! (Thanksgiving Menu and Cranberry Sauce)

I promised to post my Thanksgiving menu yesterday so here it is..   I like to try new things and over the years have added a few things and they have disappeared.   I have learned to stick with the basics,  the recipes tried and true that everyone requests over and over again..

Roasted Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Gravy
Green Bean Cassarole
Sweet Potato Cassarole
Broccoli Cheese Cassarole
Maple Glazed Carrots
Cranberry Sauce
Dinner Rolls

I am not a fan of smoked turkey,  have never had it fried...  and maybe one day I will try it..  I am a tried and true Roasted Turkey fan..   I also never stuff my turkey,  I like cooking the stuffing in it's own pan.. that way the edges get nice and crispy and can soak up the gravy really well..  I have never made giblet gravy,  I don't even like the thought of giblet grave..  GROSS!!!!!     My broccoli cheese cassarole I am still tweaking,  the one year I made it and it was perfect I didn't write down what I put in it or what I used..  so I am still experimenting with it.. 

Cranberry Sauce

2 pkgs fresh cranberries
2 c. sugar
2 c. fresh orange juice
the zest from 2 to 3 oranges

Mix all ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan,  place over medium heat and bring to a boil..  turn heat down a  little and simmer for 10 minutes until cranberries start bursting.  Take from heat and let cool,  then put in a covered container and place in refrigerator..  This is better when made 2 to 3 days before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment