Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hi, My name is Nina, and I am crazy!!!!

So,  I cleaned my refrigerator out so that I could have room for Mr. Gobbles and as I am rearranging things in my freezer I realize that I have an abundance of frozen peaches, mango and berries..  so I pull them all out and dump them into a huge stockpot,  add about 1 1/2 c. sugar,  1/2 c. all purpose flour,  the zest and juice of 2 oranges and 1 lemon,  cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger and I let it simmer until it thickens up..   it smells yummy..   Then while that was simmering I made a crust..  about 2 1/2 c all purpose flour, 1/2 c sugar, 1 tsp salt, cinnamon and 1/2 c butter..  I mix all that together well with a fork until the butter is mixed in well with the flour mixture..  then add ice water until a soft dough forms..   I turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it,  then divide it in 2 pieces,  roll out 1 for the bottom of a 9x13 pan..  I press it in and partially up the sides and put it in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes to bake it a little..  then pull it out.. pour the fruit mixture over and put the top crust on..  brush with an egg, water mixture and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown..  :)   So I guess we are having dessert tonight.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment