Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Thursday!!!!

Good Thursday Morning!!!  It is going to be a great day!!! 
One of my Target children Chad and his new bride are moving next week and I am throwing him a going away, congrats on your wedding party..  I am going to miss him.  He has been a great "son" to me...   I just hope I don't cry..    I have been busy cooking for them and I hope that they have a great time. 
I made probably the best marinara sauce ever yesterday..  I was so impressed and I just did it..  like most everything else I cook... I don't measure anything I just throw it all together and hope it comes out well..  but I did put a little extra splash of love in it.. then I put together a huge Lasagna..  it has about 4 lbs of cheese in it.. 2 lbs of mozzarella, 2 lbs of cottage and then 8 oz of Parmesan..  wow..  it is big though..  I have to get it in the oven soon to start baking low and slow..  I hope it tastes as good as the sauce..  it was the best sauce ever!!!!!
The cake.. ahh,  what can I say about the cake except that as I was letting the first coat of frosting set on it,  it split right down the middle,   but instead of having a major panic attack over it,  I fixed it..  you can't really tell..  it is gorgeous..  a triple chocolate fudge cake with a raspberry filling,  a cream cheese frosting with orange zest and chocolate covered strawberries on top..  There is a bride strawberry and a groom strawberry!!!!  :)  I can't wait for them to see it all..   I will take lots of pics for my blog..
Still have bread to do....  going to split it down the middle and spread it with a garlic herb butter and sprinkle it with some parmesan cheese and then bake it in the oven and let it get crusty..  then off to the park we will go..    

No comments:

Post a Comment