Sunday, April 3, 2011

What a Lovely Sunday!!!! (Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Feta Pasta)

The sun shining down on my shoulders as I sit out on the balcony feels like a comfy blanket that God provides..  It is absolutely gorgeous today,  and I needed it..  The past few days have been a challenge to say the least..  Went into work at 6am Friday, Saturday and 3am this morning..  I am definitely not used to it..  it's draining..have had an almost constant headache for the past 3 days from not getting enough sleep..   I was so thankful when 11:30 rolled around today and I got to bolt out of there and fly home..   I did take a nap when I got home.. caught up on some sleep..  have showered and feel almost normal now.. thank goodness..   I even cooked dinner..  which also felt good..  so what to do now..  maybe a little drive with the windows open and the radio cranked up.. or go to the park in Acworth and watch the sunset over the lake from the gazebo..   I'm looking forward to a more normal week..  :)

Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Feta Pasta

Olive oil
onion, chopped
garlic, minced
mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken breast, diced
1 pkg frozen broccoli
salt & pepper
1/2 c vegetable broth
feta cheese
red pepper flakes
wide whole wheat pasta, cooked according to pkg directions

In a large skillet heat olive oil,  add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes,  then add the garlic and mushrooms,  cook another 2 minutes.. add the chicken and cook until done,  about 10 minutes.  add the frozen broccoli and salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes,  add the vegetable broth and cover and simmer for about 7 minutes,  remove lid,  add the feta cheese and stir until until melted.. sprinkle with a scant amount of red pepper flakes and then stir in the pasta..  serve with a crisp green salad and crusty bread..

No comments:

Post a Comment