Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Going to Storm!!! (Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken, French Onion Soup, Waldorf Salad

First off I want to say that Tiffani got to go home today.. WOW!!!  not even a week after she had her transplant and she is home..  such a HUGE PRAISE!!!  God is so good..  :)   Continue to pray for her and her family.. 
It was a pretty good day..  didn't take me to long in Cosmetics,  discussed more fast, fun and friendly stuff with Monica and it was so slow this morning that I zoned the nail polish to planogram..  I just hate people who feel the need to open and paint everything they see..  Poor Randy had to clean up a lot of polish off the floor..  so he got to feel my pain for a little while.. 
I absolutely love helping people find what they are looking for,  talking to them about makeup/jewelry..  then seeing them happy with their purchase and I really really love repeat Guests..  one in particular is amazing,  her name is Beth and she hugs me every time she see's me.. She is a retired Nurse and if 90% of our guest were like her it would be amazing..  she always comes by and sees me in Jewelry and is a favorite of a lot of team members in the store..  She is always talking about her kids telling her she shouldn't be so flashy at her age and I tell her she looks fabulous and if she feels good then she should wear what she wants.. she is always so well put together.. 
So I grab a few ingredients when I get off for dinner tonight and wait for Boo to get off work and we come home,  change into comfy, watching the storm roll in clothes and we started dinner..   I pour the salad dressing on the chicken and she heats up the olive oil/butter and then I slice the onions and we get it all going.. and it making he apt smell very yummy!!  
The girls and I decided that we are going to have a Nicolas Sparks night.. starting out with Nights at Rodanthe.. Bring on the Tissues!!!  :)  next we are watching Dear John and then The Last Song..   I so love these movies!!  


Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

3 to 4 Chicken Breast, boneless/skinless
Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Wash the chicken under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel,  put in a baking pan and pour the salad dressing over..  (it is better if you let it marinate overnight)  Put in a 350 degree oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.. 








French Onion Soup

Olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3 big onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
Worcestershire sauce
beef broth
salt and pepper

Heat olive oil and butter in a stockpot,  add the onions and cook about 10 to 15 minutes.. add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes,  add the Worcestershire sauce and cook another 2 to 3 minutes,  add enough beef broth to cover..  about 6 cups and let simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.. taste and season..
Serve with French bread toasted and covered in Swiss Cheese..

Waldorf Salad

Romaine Lettuce
Green apple, chopped
walnuts
dried cranberries

Mix together in a large mixing bowl and serve with your favorite dressing.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment