Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday!!! (Turkey and Black Bean Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato Fries)

What a gorgeous day we had today..  a bit windy,  but I love it..   got home and decided no beach today..  it's going to storm,  which makes me excited.. I love storms..  especially if I am home and don't have to drive in them..  people drive crazy in storms..  so I am glad to be home and happy that it is going to storm..  :)  I felt almost normal today.. hopefully after another great night of sleep I will feel more like myself..  and if it is storming,  I will sleep like a baby...  :)   So I came home and immediately started dinner..  and I am starving..  Tonight we are having Turkey and Black Bean Sloppy Joes and Sweet Potato Fries..  mmm.. it smells delicious..






Turkey and Black Bean Sloppy Joes

Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
garlic, minced
18 to 20 oz pkg ground turkey
3 c black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can tomato paste
1 can of water
1 15 oz can tomatoes with chili's
chili powder
paprika
steak seasoning
cajun seasoning
salt and pepper

Heat oil in a skillet and cook onion,  add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes,  add the ground turkey and cook until done.  add the tomato paste, the can of water and the tomatoes and chili's,  stir well and add the seasonings,  bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.. stirring occationally.. Serve on whole wheat buns..


Sweet Potato Fries

5 to 6 sweet potatoes
olive oil
cajun seasoning
salt & pepper

Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges..  toss with olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.. place on a well greased pan and put into a preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.. reduce heat to 375 and cook another 15 minutes.. then turn the heat back up to 450 and cook an additional 5 to 8 minutes..

No comments:

Post a Comment