Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a Glorious Saturday!!!! (Firecracker Chicken Stir-Fry)

Good Morning,
It is such a beautiful day today..  God is definitely shining down on us today..  lots of things to be thankful for today..  and all that makes yesterday just a very distant memory..
I mean yesterday wasn't a complete and total bad day,  there were some good with the bad..  it's just the bad came one right after the other..  I slept so good Thursday night,  only for about 4 hours though,  but that 4 hours was so restful..  I woke up so refreshed and ready to get the day started Friday morning,  showered and then enjoyed some coffee,  read about how absolutely dumb our government is and then finished getting ready..  I got to work,  all smiles and ready to go..  ready for the day to start..  Got in,  grabbed my walkie and nametag out of my drawer and got out to the floor and started cleaning up the fitting room,  which really wasn't that bad,  then ran the cart of Infant strays and came back and grabbed the top bar of hanging strays and started running them,  got to boys and was called over to Jewelry..  so half of my further and final markdowns are missing..  uggghhhhh...  which kills their scores and makes me really hate people who steal..   so after looking and looking and not finding anything they start marking down one of the cases that I just set..  man..  a week and it's already clearance..  geesh,  then I walk over to my favorite love/hate spinner..   love it because the jewelry on it is absolutely gorgeous,  hate it because the jewelry on it is absolutely gorgeous and I know it is going to get stolen..  I predicted it when I put it out..  and there were 2 empty jewelry boxes..  I wanted to cry..   so I go back and finish running the strays and take the empty boxes to the morning huddle and talk about theft in my dept and how we can deter some of it..  then the last original exec from when I was first hired told us that he is leaving in 2 weeks to go to another store..   wham,  right between the eyes..  I didn't think it would hit me this hard,  but it is..  I am just beside myself..   You work with people for so long and watch their family grow and they are such a huge part of your development..  and then bam,  they are gone..  sometimes I think it is almost to much,  or maybe I just get to attached to certain people..  But I do wish him the best..  he is one of the good one's and he will definitely be missed.. I mean who else is going to walk up to me and say..  "Man, Nina,  you LOOK tired!!!   :(   or bring me in at 3 or 4am to set ad..  It's definitely going to be different on my weekend..  after the huddle we went and pushed Grocery..  fun times I tell ya..  and was talking to Elyse and Renee about food and recipe's and I decided I need to go through all my posts and put in parenthesis the recipe in that post so it will be easier to search,  so be patient with me,  it's going to take a little time to get it all done,  but I will definitely get to it.. I did a few last night and found out it is going to take longer than I thought it would..  :)
After I got home yesterday I knew that I needed to get out for a little while..  so after dropping Saundra off at work and picking up some sandwiches and stuff my BekahBoo and I went to Cauble Park in Acworth and sat in the Gazebo and ate and then went and sat on the sand and watched the sunset and talked.. it was what I needed..  There is something so relaxing to me about the sun, sand and water..   then when we left we just drove around for a while with the windows down and the music turned up..  I needed that..   :)  

Not sure what is in store for me today.. need to pick up some produce from the store and then decide what we are going to do for Easter..  not sure if I want to cook a big meal or not,  and I need to finish getting stuff for Ms. Samantha's Easter basket..  will probably do that this evening..  since both girls are working.. I already bought her this chick that sings and dances..  hehe..  so cute,  she loves music and dancing so I thought it would be perfect..  I will just have to look for other things..    might even buy me a new skirt..  I live in skirts when the weather gets warm,  or maybe a couple pair of shorts..  hmmm..  we will see...  :)   but maybe I should be good and not because I did spend some money on a ring yesterday..  a beautiful pink Mother of Pearl Butterfly on a sterling silver band..   I knew if I didn't get it,  it would end up getting stolen too and then I would be completely devastated..  just need to stay busy,  I feel the depression trying to work it's way back in,  which is easy this time of year,  but I REFUSE to let it win..   would prefer to not be alone this evening,  but sometimes you can't control that..  if I am then I will lose myself in the kitchen and cook..  which is what I do a lot when I am starting to feel depressed..  just not sure what I will be cooking..   will have to give that some thought..  :)  Maybe something new,  so I will have to focus fully on it.. 
Wanted to go to North Cobb to welcome home Cpl Todd Love but the girls schedules prevented that..  I am so happy he had such an amazing welcome home..  I feel all our service men and women are hero's..   and Tiffani is in surgery right now receiving her new liver..  It's a wonderful miracle and a sad circumstance all at one time..  praying for the Matlock family and the family of the donor..  
So I decided to make a new recipe for dinner..  Firecracker Chicken Stir-Fry.. quick, easy, light and healthy..  just forgot to get brown rice at the store..  so we are having it with white rice..

Firecracker Chicken Stir-Fry

olive oil
half of 1 large onion, sliced
2 chicken breast, cut in strips
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
8 oz bag sugar snap peas
small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 c toasted Asian Sesame dressing(I used the light)
red pepper flakes

Heat olive oil in a large skillet,  add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes,  add the chicken and cook 5 to 7 minutes,  add the garlic and cook another minute,  add the peppers, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, dressing and red pepper flakes and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp..  Serve over rice..
It smells wonderful..  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment