Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Terrific Tuesday!!! (Cajun Chicken, Cornbread Casserole)

Ahh,  finally got through my 6th day at work and I get tomorrow off..  yay!!!  it could be warmer,  but I guess I will take what I can get..  so wanted to start working on my tan tomorrow..  Today wasn't too bad..  though on the way out of work a mom and dad was taking a picture of their child on one of the red balls..  which to me seems a little ridiculous..  concrete ball on a concrete base and you put your 4 to 5 year old child on it alone to take a pic..  and you both are standing back to get a good camera angle..   I wonder sometimes about what people think..  I mean,  why do you want to have a picture of your child on a big red Target ball??  what purpose is it..  it isn't like there is a nice backdrop..  there is a store behind it..  ok,  going to stop trying to understand..   :)
So I decided to pull out a pkg of chicken breast this morning and put in the fridge so it would thaw while I was at work for Cajun Chicken..   and then while at work I decided I was going to cut the chicken into tenders and then bread it and fry it...  ahhh.. so not good for you,  but oh so good..  :) 

Cajun Chicken

3 chicken breast,  cut into tenders
flour
garlic powder
cajun seasoning
red pepper flakes
paprika

Mix the flour, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and paprika and then dredge the chicken tenders in it..  heat oil in a big skillet to 350 to 375 degrees and cook half the chicken until golden brown,  then cook the other half..  so crispy and yummy..
I have shared this recipe before where you can keep the chicken breast whole or butterfly and cut in half then bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes..

Cornbread Casserole

1 pkg of cornbread muffin mix
1 egg
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 tbsp olive oil
paprika
garlic powder
cajun seasoning
red pepper flakes

In a large bowl mix all together well and then pour into a greased 2 qt casserole dish,  bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on the top..

I usually steam some broccoli and serve with this..  :)  Enjoy.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment