Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday!!! (Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, Waldorf Salad)


So very glad that today came to an end.. though I did get quite a bit accomplished,  accessories is beautiful again..  pushed all my watches and sunglasses.. zoned the watches and wallets.. zoned the spinners in Jewelry and got about 10 boxes of jewelry out.. but it took time,  then I snuck away and ran the strays for active, intimates, mens and boys..  then went back and took care of my trash,  helped a guest on the way back to my dept and talked to Christina about theft in my dept and how to stop it..  then it was time to clock out and come home..  yay!!  
I was going to go by the cemetary and take Jo some daisies,  but the last time I was there I got freaked out..  I have never felt uncomfortable there until then..  I drove up and got out of my car and noticed a couple at a grave.. I walk up to where they all are and I am "talking" to them all silently and I feel a presense behind me..  I turn my head and the couple are behind me watching me..  I was creeped out..  I mean if you are curious,  wait until I am gone.. if you are trying to maybe comfort me,  that is definitely NOT the way to do it..  so I stay a little bit longer and then leave..  haven't been back since..  
So I get home, change into comfy clothes and then cleaned up the kitchen and made dinner..  Brand new recipe,  but I figured it would be good.. how can you go wrong with eggs, milk, cheese and broccoli..  lol.. and I made my favorite salad ever.. Waldorf.. lettuce, granny smith apples, walnuts, cranberries..  it is amazing!!!!   Going to enjoy dinner and catch up on Army Wives.. I missed it Sunday night...  have a great evening everyone!!! 

Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche

1 pkg frozen broccoli florets, defrosted in microwave
6 large eggs
1/2 cup half-and-half
Ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
Spray a 9-inch pie dish.. set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half,salt & pepper. Stir in broccoli and cheese.  Pour into pie pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes..  serve with a green salad and crusty bread..

Makes one 9-inch pie


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment