Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I love Sunshine!!! (Garlic Knots, Pasta Carrabba(my version)

Ahhh,  it is Wednesday again and I am enjoying the sunshine,  just wish it were a little warmer,  but at least there is sun..  Going to get out in it at some point today and soak it in..
I am sitting here sipping my coffee listening to music and thinking about my weekend..  it was a huge challenge for me the early hours and not being used to going to bed while it was light out..  and well having one of my execs tell me Sunday morning,  "Man Nina,  you LOOK tired"  well thanks Tony for stating the obvious..  and then I told him we are good as long as I keep moving and I don't get on  a register,  no telling what I would do or mess up..  lol..  was so happy to see 11:30... 
On the other side,  I had a wonderful weekend..   went out Friday night with a very nice person..  yes a man..  it was our first date..  and I am generally a very private person when it comes to this sort of thing..  #1 I am always afraid if I say something it will jinx it..  and I know deep down that isn't true,  like my wonderful friend Kim says..  if it is a good thing and is meant to be,  then it will be..  but still hard for me to talk about,  because then if it doesn't work out and I am asked,  then I have to say.. oh well.. it didn't work out..   so things I have no control over.. I usually keep very quiet about.. so I am going out on a limb and sharing this with you all.. anyway..Friday night we went to Carrabbas..   pretty nice restaurant..  very packed.. of course,  it was Friday night..  but we had a great time..  I am usually very quiet when I first meet someone,  but I felt so comfortable with Joe and the conversation and laughter flowed..  He is pretty awesome.. so as we are sitting there talking I notice the time and tell him that I need to leave by around 9:30 to pick the girls up and he says..  we can go get them together..  and I asked.. are you sure??  and he said.. yes.. lets go..  so we go out and get in his gorgeous Infinity G35 sport coupe and take off.. omg,  this car will fly and he promised he would let me drive it..  my hands are itching...  I can't wait..  she is sooo pretty..  (I have to be careful here,  or my car will get jealous and will act out)   We get to Target and continue to talk while waiting for the girls,  Rebekah comes out first and immediately knows what car..  I showed her a pic earlier before work..  then Saundra comes out and has no clue,  so I have to get out of the car..  lol..  we get home and then I asked if he wanted to come up for a little while and he said yes..  so we come up,  I go take my shoes off and put on my comfy UGA hoodie cause I was a little cold and we are talking,  the girls are talking and fussing because there isn't any food,  so they decide to cook..  My poor kitchen..  and he is laughing at them..  takes a big man with big shoulders to be able to take us all on at the same time,  and he did an amazing job..  before I know it.. he is rubbing my feet and I was in heaven.  He has really nice hands..  Then he decided he needed to go home,  because I had to be at work at 6am and needed to get some sleep.  I didn't want the evening to end..   Could have talked all night long..   While telling him bye I realized how big his shoulders and arms were..  dang..  and if anything gets me about a man it is nice arms..  gaaa.   I am a goner..  lol..
So I got up at 4:30 Sat morning and checked my phone.. he told me he would text me when he got home..  so I responded and then quickly got ready for work..   Got there at 6am and pushed the pulls for softlines (clothing, diapers, etc) and then started working on the disaster that was the fitting room..   so by 9:30 I am in Men's running strays when Tony comes to find me and says.. "sooooo,  if there were a weekend where you ever wanted to go home early,  this is it.." and I said.. "what time do you want me to leave Tony??"  he looked at me and said,  "now"   I said,  "Tony,  I can't leave,  there would only be one person in softlines.."  he said.."you have 2 people"  I said "Tony,  1 is a trainee,  today is her third day.. I'm not going to leave her alone."  so he looks at his schedule grid and says.. JJ is supposed to be here at 10,  so leave at 10.. so I said.. ok..  and I wrapped up what I was doing,  grabbed a training manual for the trainee and then left Meghan instructions for the trainee..  I got home,  took a very hot bath and crawled in bed and slept til about one..  ugghhh..  I don't sleep well during the day when I am trying to..  so I get up and talk to Saundra and then sent Saundra's dad and brother a text and asked if they could pick her up because I had to be at work at 3am the next morning..   I eat the leftover pasta I brought home from Carrabbas and think to myself..  I bet I can make this better tasting and healthier..   and then it was time to take Saundra to work.. so I drop her off and get back home and have Rebekah touch up my roots.. wait the allotted time and then shower and lie back down.. by this time it is about 4:30..  I fall asleep and then wake up at 6pm wide awake.. I get up and check my phone..  got nothing back about picking Saundra up so I get up and come in the living room..  now granted I am in the I need to try to sleep as much as possible mode,  so I am running around in a HUGE black I love Target t-shirt and my hair,  well my hair was everywhere because I went to bed with it wet and then I get a text from Joe and he asked if I were busy and I said no.. so he called me and he had to go to Best Buy to pick up a charger for his daughter's laptop and then asked if I had eaten dinner and wanted to know if I wanted to go get something to eat with him,  and I am sitting here talking to him all calm and said sure.. I'm wide awake.. might as well.. so he said.. I'll be there in about 20 minutes,  that is when the calm left..  I said.. ok..  and then hung up and have a major freak out melt-down..  so I ran into my room,  Rebekah grabs the flat iron for me and I am throwing things around in my closet and finally come across something I like and then dress quickly,  start my makeup,  get to the point where I put my eyeliner on,  I use gel so it has to dry for a few,  did my hair,  then finished my makeup and Rebekah walks in and I looked at her and pointed to the suitcases under my eyes and said.. I can't hide these..  she's like mom calm down..  I was like I can't.. he's going to be here in a few minutes..  so she said shit.. I'll straighten up the apt..  but I was ready by the time he got here..  barely..  we had to go to the Best Buy on Barrett Pkwy and then went and ate Chinese food..  another great night,  more great talks and then he told me that when he hung up the phone he realized what he had done and apologized and said it showed him I could be spontaneous.. so then I told him about my melt down/freak out to get ready..  lol  and like I said before.. I feel so very comfortable with this man..  so he brings me home and he comes up and we are talking and again,  he is rubbing my feet..  I could get used to that..  I had told Rebekah earlier in the day that he needed some tight t-shirts and he showed up in a tight t-shirt and jeans..  mmm  very nice..  Rebekah looked at him and said.. your arms are the size of my head..  lol..
So in sharing this with you all I am going by faith that if this is a good thing and is meant to be,  then it will be..  gaaahhhh   now in rereading this I want to delete it and pretend I didn't share it with you all,  but that would be the old insecure Nina who thinks that she isn't worthy of anything good happening to her in life..  the one that doesn't want to be alone for the rest of her life,  but thinks that is what is going to happen..  This is for the Nina who is stepping out in FAITH and believing that she deserves good in her life,  good friends,  a good man who will love and accept me for who I already am,  not someone who wants to change me..  I have experienced many things in my life..  I deserve a little good in my life..  I know God wants good for me..  He says so in His word:
Jeremiah 29:11:"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord,  "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future."    So I am looking for God to prosper me,  to give me hope and a glorious future.. I am speaking it..  it is going to happen.. sooner or later..   :)  Stepping out in Faith that all good things come to those who wait.. and I have been waiting..  :)   
The girls and I are cleaning and doing some things so we can go to Cauble Park in Acworth in a little while and soak up some sun..  I am making Garlic Knots for dinner now,  and then when we get back I am recreating the Pasta Carrabba I had Friday night..  I believe it is going to be delish..  :)  The sun and sand were fabulous..  I got some sun and I LOVE IT!!!!!!


Garlic Knots

2 c warm water
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp butter, melted or vegetable or olive oil
4 tsp salt
3 1/2 to 4 c all purpose flour

Place the water, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl,  let proof for 5 minutes and then add the salt, 1 c of flour and the melted butter or oil,  mix well and add flour 1 c at a time until a soft dough forms..  turn out onto a floured board and knead well for about 5 minutes..  cut dough in half and form into 2 balls,  cover with a clean towel and let rest for 15 minutes..   remove towel and knead each piece to let the air out,  put one to the side and roll the other one out to a 6 to 8 inch wide by 12 inch long rectangle,  cut with a pizza cutter into 12 to 15 pieces..  tie each into a knot and place on a greased baking sheet..
let rise for 1 1/2 hours and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes..
When they come out of the oven brush them with 1 stick butter, melted and 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced..  after they are all done and have been brushed once I go back over them all until the butter/garlic mixture is gone..  these are so yummy,  so much better than the first and second batch..  I love this bread recipe..  :)














Pasta Carrabba(My Version)

2  to 3 chicken breast
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
Italian seasoning,
salt and pepper

Brush the chicken with the vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper..  grill on a grill pan or cook in a skillet until cooked through and set aside.. slice or cube..

Fettuccine, cooked according to pkg directions..
Olive oil
shallots, finely chopped
garlic, minced
mushrooms, sliced
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
3 tbsp flour
8 oz pkg reduced or non fat cream cheese, cubed
Parmesan cheese, grated
ground nutmeg
pepper
frozen peas
chopped fresh parsley

In a large pan heat olive oil and cook onion for 2 to 3 minutes,  then add the garlic and mushrooms,  cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes..  add the broth and flour and mix well,  bring to a boil and simmer for a minute,  then add the cream cheese and heat until it is melted,  add the nutmeg, pepper, frozen peas and sliced chicken, cook about 5 minutes then add the parmesan cheese and the pasta and toss well..  add more parmesan and serve with a green salad and garlic knots or crusty bread.. 
It is very yummy, but the mushrooms seemed to get lost in the sauce..  so next time I think I will cook them and take then out of the pan and then add them seperate..  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment