Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Whew!! So Glad That's Over!!!! (Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas)

What a day!!!  It started out real well,  then got crazy..  I did get 6 planograms set in accessories today..   Cute new handbags..  :)   New product makes me happy..   :)   I just felt pulled in about a million different directions today...  and I never felt that I was able to really complete any one thing I was working on..    Finally got home,  changed into my comfy clothes and went into the kitchen and cleaned..  ugghhh..  I cleaned this morning before I went to work..  I don't understand why I have to clean so much..  grrrr..
So tonight it is something easy,  something I came up with many many years ago,  my poor kids were my guinea pigs..  Most of the things I have came up with have been successes..  This is one of the girls favorites..















Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped
4 to 5 mushrooms, chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 to 1 1/2 c salsa
4 oz mild or sharp cheddar cheese, grated
tortilla wraps

Heat olive oil in a large skillet,  add the onion and bell pepper and cool for 5 to 7 minutes,  add the mushrooms and garlic,  cook another 2 minutes,  add a little more olive oil and add chicken,  cook about 10 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle,  add the cream of mushroom soup and the salsa,  stir well,  add the shredded cheese and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes..  Serve on the tortilla wraps,  can put the filling over the bottom of one tortilla wrap,  top with another and then grill,  but I skip that step and just enjoy on the wrap..  I like getting whole wheat or flavored..  I used spinach tonight..  This recipe can be played with with many different variations..  use your imagination..  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment