Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Saturday!!! (Pasta With Pancetta and Leeks)

Good Morning everyone!!!  I have been up since 6:15,  and it's my weekend off...  but we gotta do what we gotta do...  Boo had to be at work at 7am..    On the way to take her to work we passed the old-walmart on the way and someone had tied lots of balloons to the guardrail in front of walmart..  it was really pretty.. all the balloons..  I am sure it took someone a lot of time to do it...   It made me smile..  :)   Got home and cleaned the kitchen and made some yummy coffee and I have been sitting here listening to some music and making out a list of dinners to have for the next month or so,  putting them in my calendar and making out a list of ingredients..  but only buying the perishables up to 2 weeks in advance...  Will be trying a few new things this coming up 4 weeks and I am excited to share them with you all, good and bad..   :)
I am doing something that excites me and scares me a little at the same time..  I am going to be making and donating 3 cheesecakes to be auctioned off for a beautiful young lady who needs a liver transplant..  it is such a tiny thing for me to do., I am going to do a plain cheesecake with a blueberry lemon topping,  a strawberry swirled topped with strawberries and  a white chocolate raspberry one..   Just thinking about it gives me anxiety attacks..  but I have time..  might be making some cheesecakes in the next few weeks just to make sure my recipes are good enough to be auctioned off..   I might need some guinea pigs to try them out..  lol..
I am taking a little time off work the end of the month..  I need some time away..  I need to recharge my batteries..  refresh my attitude and get to the place where I love my job again..  it isn't that I don't..  it's just that a lot of changes have happened since Christmas and I need time to process everything,  and haven't had the time to process it all..  so..  a quick little road trip on that Wednesday..  LOVELOVELOVE road trips..  hehe..  will be posting lots of pics..  :)  it's going to be soooo much fun..   then the rest of the week will be hanging out and celebrating BekahBoo's 20th birthday..  ugghhh..    as Dolly says,  time keeps marching on and it is marching across my face..
On top of all that,  the girls and I are looking for a house..  I will still be renting for now,  just not ready to buy anything..  I have a few in my sights..  just have to get everything together and get out there and look at them..  so much to do..   :)  But I love it..
I think for dinner tonight I will be making Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks...  it is yummy and quick..  I will probably also be doing some prep work for the upcoming recipe's for the week and tomorrow I am making Lasagna..  so I will be making some marinara sauce for it..  I will also be making some garlic knots to go with the lasagna..  my new favorite bread I think..  LOL..



Pasta With Pancetta and Leeks

I box farfalle pasta,  cooked according to pkg directions, reserve some cooking liquid
Olive Oil
Pancetta(or bacon)
3 Leeks,  sliced and washed well
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1/2 c vegetable broth
1/2 c heavy cream
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese

In a large skillet heat the olive oil and cook the pancetta til done around 5 minutes,  then add the leeks and garlic and cook another 10 minutes..  add the butter and cook until melted.. add the vegetable broth and cook until reduced by half,  then add the heavy cream and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.. add salt and pepper to taste, stir in the cooked pasta and add the cooking water a little at a time until a nice sauce forms..  add the parmesan cheese and stir well.. serve with a nice green salad and crusty bread..

1 comment:

  1. I love....love....love Pancetta. This looks good!

    ReplyDelete