Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Wonderful Wednesday Again!!! (Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms)

It is a beautiful day!!!  I woke up refreshed this morning,  got up, showered and did some cleaning,  thinking that the maintenance man was coming to change the filter in the furnace today,  and well,  it's actually tomorrow..  but.. the apt is all pretty and shiny clean.. soooo it's all good..  we all get some days mixed up right??  lol    I am sitting here with the door wide open,  sneezing,  but it is so worth it.. I love spring and all the beautiful flowers that it brings and I have been thinking that maybe I should do a little prep for dinners for the next 6 nights since I am going into my 6 day work stretch..   So I put some black beans in the crock-pot to cook for Spicy Black Bean Soup for Friday,  when I close..  I will finish the soup tomorrow evening when I get off work..  I am going to prep the sauces for 2 pasta dishes and the filling for the Chicken Pot Pie for Sunday..  still deciding if I want to make an actual pie crust for it,  or will just top it with some home made biscuits..  still deciding on that..  maybe some Cheddar biscuits..  ahh the mind is starting to go in all different fun directions..  :)  So,  for dinner tonight,  Bacon Mushroom Pasta.. 












Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3  to 5 slices Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 to 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 package (10 Ounce) White Button Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
1 c Vegetable broth
1 c Half-and-half
1/4 c Heavy Whipping Cream
3 Green Onions, White And Light Green Parts Sliced
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
1/2 c Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste   
1 pound Thin Spaghetti Or Angel Hair Pasta, cooked according to pkg directions ( save 1/2 c pasta liquid)




In a large sauce pan heat olive oil,  add the bacon and onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until bacon is done, then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook another 5 minutes.. add the vegetable broth and cook until reduced by half,  reduce heat to low and add the half and half and cream,  bring to a boil and allow to thicken,  then add the Italian herb blend, sliced green onions and parmesan cheese and allow cheese to melt..    Place cooked pasta in a big bowl,  top with the sauce and toss with the pasta,  add a little of the pasta water if the sauce appears to thick.. serve in bowls and top with more cheese..   serve with crusty bread and a nice green salad..

No comments:

Post a Comment