Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Thursday!!! (Garlic Pasta)

Good Morning everyone!!!  What a glorious day out today.. it looks to be absolutely gorgeous..  I slept in,  felt sort of good,  my body can only stay in one position for so long before something starts screaming to move..   I am not sure what all today is going to bring,  but it is going to be great..
Yesterday was so much fun with my girls, Saundra, BekahBoo, Meaghan and Kristin..  we loaded up the mini-van with snacks and water and off we went in search of a cute little town south of Atlanta where they film Vampire Diaries,  plus the perfect house for a Bed and Breakfast is down there..  I want it so bad..  guess I need to start playing the lottery..  the only way I will ever be able to afford it..  :)   Covington is gorgeous..  I love it.. I could see myself living down there..  We went into the cutest little coffee shop..  Square Coffee..  omg.. I fell in love with it..  The cast was filming on set in Atlanta yesterday and we didn't get to meet them..  but we had so much fun.. took some great pics..  lol..  we won't talk about me somehow going the wrong way back home..  and then ugghhh  traffic.. that's all I am going to say.. we all got home safe and sound.. hehe..      We ended up eating dinner at El Nopal..  we got a very very green waiter.. I think we were his very first table by himself..  and we were well behaved..  we sat outside,  because it was to nice to be inside..  :)  We are planning another trip to the town in the fall..  it has so many historic homes..   love it.. 
Mystic Grill... Accounting Firm??  lol

The square.. so pretty..  and we found out all roads lead to the square and 278...  lol

The center of the square!!

The outside of what they film as Elena's house..

The Lockwood Mansion..  OMG it's for sale and I want it..  so gorgeous..

I could live on the freaking porch..  perfect for a bed and breakfast..

The side of the house.. 
I am meeting a sweet friend for lunch at Lucky China in Kennesaw.. one of my favorite places..  I love that most of their business is carryout and delivery,  I love sitting in there and sipping on green tea and enjoying my food in leisure..  then I guess sometime I need to take the van back and get my car..  she might think I don't love her anymore,  which I do..  but I LOVE driving that van.. though I did have a minor heart attack putting gas in her yesterday.. but she did good..  drove her to Covington and back and still have gas left..  just was a shock after being used to putting gas in my car..  which I LOVE.. lol..    but anyway.. trying to decide what I want to do for dinner.. I haven't really cooked much this week..  we've been eating leftovers out of the fridge.. I guess I will come home from lunch and clean it out and then decide..  I'm thinking either Garlic Pasta or a Chili Relenos Casserole.   hmmm..  not sure which though..   or make a huge fruit salad and take it to Cauble Park and enjoy the outdoors..  doesn't matter if I sneeze 100 times or not.. I LOVE the outdoors..  hmm...  will definitely be thinking..  :)  I've been craving fruit a lot lately.. 
Back from my wonderful lunch with Kim..  she is the best..  Rebekah is in total love with her..  and I feel the same..  what a wonderful person...  she has definitely brightened my life lately..  though she was a total sneak and snatched the check out of Rebekah's hands while I was in the bathroom..  LOL   It's my turn to pay next..  :)  She is the kind of person that makes you want to be a better person..  I am honored to call her one of my bestest friends..
After lunch I was going to drop the van off and pick up my car and there was this car blocking mine in..  well  not really..  I would have just had to back up quite a distance,  and I don't back up well,  and there are trees in the yard and I have this thing about backing into trees..  so needless to say.. I still have the van..  actually I am using it as an excuse to keep the van a little longer.. hehe..  it will get back to it's rightful owner soon..  sometime soon..  hehe..  :)
So I think it's going to be Garlic Pasta for dinner tonight..  a new to me recipe.. I am hoping it is good.. it uses a ton of garlic.. which I LOVE..  :)   


Garlic Pasta

9 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c olive oil
6 tbsp butter
1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
1lb pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
salt and pepper
grated parmesan
fresh chopped basil

In a small saucepan heat olive oil and garlic over low heatfor 30 minutes, stirring often..In a medium saucepan melt the butter and add the tomatoes..  cook for 5 minutes.. add the garlic oil and salt and pepper and cook about 15 minutes until the flavors meld together.. Toss with the cooked pasta and garnish with parmesan and basil..

No comments:

Post a Comment