Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrr!!!! (Parmesan Chicken)

Good Morning!!!  What a cold Wednesday!!  I honestly don't think it is that cold,  but the wet makes it seem colder!!  I didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning..  ugghhh.. Wednesday's are for sleeping,  but Saundra had to be at work at 8..  so I got up and took her to work,  enjoyed a nice hot cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer.. or my crack as the girls say..  I do LOVE it..   then took a nice hot, steamy shower..  felt so nice.. used my winter candy apple body gel and lotion,  did a little cleaning in my bedroom.. took the sheets off my bed.. they are in the wash now.. they are going to smell like lavender vanilla when they come out of the dryer..  then went into the kitchen and started making Garlic Knots..  the picture looks yummy,  but the dough felt off..  tough almost..  it is in the oven hopefully rising.. I don't want to start over,  but I might have to..   I really really hope they turn out..  we will see in about an hour..  still need to clean the dining room and living room,  and I so wish that I could vacuum..  I hate carpet and I hate vacuum cleaners even more,  because they definitely don't make them to last for any length of time..  and my carpet looks like crap..  maybe I will drag it out and see if I can figure out why it isn't working right..  So while waiting for the dough to rise I drug the vacuum cleaner out and looked at it..  nope..  I am not mechanically inclined.. AT ALL!!!  so I plugged it in and tried to vacuum..  the carpet looks a little better.. but it is so frustrating..   grrrrr..  guess that is what I get for not getting the best kind.. but honestly who spends 500 on a vacuum??   plus I have heard that they aren't as good as they claim to be..  guess I need to do a little research and then still not spend 500 on one..  I want hardwood floors..  hopefully we can find a house without carpet..  I know the carpet messes with my allergies..    ok  off to the kitchen to check on the dough and see if it has risen any..  fingers crossed!!!   Well,  it did rise and I rolled them out and tied them and let them rise again and baked them,  but they aren't quite what I wanted..  they aren't bad..  but they aren't blog worthy..  will have to experiment with the recipe and then get back with you..  :)
I did make Parmesan Chicken though..  so instead of two recipe's today you will only get the one.. and I didn't take pics of the steps of making the Parmesan Chicken..  so it will give me an excuse to make it again soon and do the step by step pics.. 




Parmesan Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast layed flat and cut in half to make 2 thinner pieces.. like butterflying it,  but cut all the way through to make 6 pieces
1 stick butter, melted
1 to 2 tbsp prepared mustard
1 to 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 cups panko or plain bread crumbs
Italian seasoning
1 c grated Parmesan cheese

After you cut the chicken in half lie it on a paper towel lined plate..  melt the butter and put in a large flat bowl,  add the mustard and worcestershire sauce..  mix with a fork.  In another bowl with low sides put the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese,   dip the chicken in the butter mixture coating both sides and then put in the bread crumb, cheese mixture.. lie in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking oil..   repeat until you coat each breast and then pat any extra bread crumb mixture on the top of the chicken.. bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes..  Serve with Angel hair pasta and Marinara sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment