Monday, February 21, 2011

Goodbye Dr. Sexy!!! (Mushroom Sage Pasta)

What an awesome day today..  Work was pretty good.. The weather was glorious and Rebekah had her very last Physical Therapy appt..   :)   So I got home and started dinner..   A brand new recipe,  and don't kill me I didn't take step by step pics.. I meant to but was on the phone talking to a friend when I was cooking it and well,  my phone is my camera..  so I know..  I failed you all this time,  but maybe next time..    :)



Mushroom Sage Pasta

1 pkg any shaped paste, cooked according to pkg directions.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 c. vegetable broth
1  oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
salt and pepper to taste..

Cook pasta according to pkg directions..  In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter,  add the onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes,  add garlic and sage and cook another minute..  add the mushrooms and cook about 15 minutes until golden brown,  add the vegetable broth and reduce by half,  then add the cream cheese and stir over medium low heat until melted...  sprinkle in a little romano cheese and salt and pepper to taste..
Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce.  stir well,  add more romano cheese and sprinkle on some fresh chopped sage..

No comments:

Post a Comment