Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thank goodness it's over!! (Spaghetti Carbonara)

Today wasn't good at all,  but thank goodness I am home in my comfy clothes chilling on the sofa getting ready to watch Glee!!!   I got home and immediately went into the kitchen and started making dinner..   Spaghetti Carbonara..  something easy that I didn't have to use my frazzled mind to make..   paired it with the Italian herb bread that I made Sunday.  yum yum.. 











Spaghetti Carbonara

1 pound spaghetti.  I use whole wheat
1/2 pound bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
3 large eggs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the spaghetti. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until just crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Skim off some of the fat. Drain the pasta, add to the bacon in the pan, and toss to combine. 
Whisk together the eggs, cheese, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour into the pasta, and combine thoroughly. Serve immediately with extra grated cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment