Thursday, February 10, 2011

What a Wonderful Thursday!!! (Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta)

Had an amazing day today,  work was great!!  got so much done..   I got all my Jewelry out, got accessories zoned,  even the wallets and belts..  ran a ton of strays,  picked up the same 10 pair of William Rast Jeans in Men's that are 75% off about 3 times, did a couple pulls and covered all the operator breaks, and I saw a yummy military guy this afternoon, and a bunch of yummy Acworth Police Officers, sales are up in Jewelry and Accessories and I couldn't be happier and I bought 2 new rings..  One is a butterfly and the other an Owl with it's wings spread..   Love them both..   if I haven't mentioned it.. I have a problem..  I LOVE jewelry..   it's a big problem since that is one of my departments..  gahhh..  lol..   I also love purses and scarves..   and I have the cutest camoflauge bag with sequins..  I wants it so bad..  :)   I will get it eventually..   ok..  I really have a problem..   plus I LOVE cosmetics..    I need a 12 step program asap....    So I came home and BekahBoo dyed my hair for me..  the gray was really shining..  and had to cover that up..  too young in the mind to have gray hair..   the body lately has been trying to act it's age..  ugghh..   then while waiting for the dye to set in my hair I made dinner..   yummy yummy dinner..  :)  was going to cheat and just have leftover mac and cheese,  but I thought..  what the heck.. I will cook..  so here is what is for dinner tonight!!!
















Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta

16 oz pkg pasta,  cooked according to pkg directions,  reserve 1 c. pasta water
Olive Oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp oregano
1 1/4 c vegetable stock
8 oz low fat or fat free cream cheese, cubed
16 oz fresh spinach
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese

Bring large stockpot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to pkg directions..
In a large sauce pan heat olive oil,  add onion and cook for about 5 minutes..  add the garlic and cook 1 minute,  add mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes..  add the vegetable broth, oregano and cream cheese,  stir over medium-low heat until the cream cheese melts and makes a beautiful sauce..  add the spinach, salt and pepper and cook for about 8 minutes..  add drained pasta and stir together..   add a little pasta water as needed until sauce is smooth..   add parmesan cheese and serve hot with a green salad and crusty bread,  or left over garlic knots..  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment