Saturday, January 29, 2011

What a beautiful Saturday!! (Skillet White Beans and Tomatoes over Linguine)

What a gorgeous Saturday!!  I am glad it was a nice day,  wish I could have done something other than what I did,  but you have to do what you have to do..  Today we went and took pictures of the SUV that Rebekah was in Wednesday night..  It really brings to light how much worse it could have been..  while on the way back home so Boo could get ready for work this car pulls right out into our lane..  Why do people not think?!?!   Got Boo to work and Saundra to work and now home,  did a little cleaning, kitchen, dining room and living room..  need to vacuum,  but my vacuum cleaner decided to be stupid and stop sucking..   grrr..  so the carpet looks like crap which drives me nuts.. I have beans in the crockpot for Chili tomorrow for dinner,  Roasted the Chicken bones from the chickens and covered them in water and they are in the oven giving me more yummy broth so I can make more soups. I have blankets in the wash.. need to put them in the dryer.. Saundra has been covering up with them and she is sick.. poor thing..  and again spraying the apt well to disinfect any germs..  plus have the door open,  music playing and dinner is cooking..  all might be getting right with my world again..  It has been a very very stressful month!!!  I am ready for a new one..  and praying it is better..  Yes,  I know my month could have been a lot worse and I am so thankful for all my blessings..  but can't a girl catch a break..  and not the kind of break where you fall down the snow and ice covered stairs.. I caught that break...  lol..    Here is wishing us all a better February and an early spring!!!
I hope you enjoy what is for dinner tonight!!























  Skillet White Beans and Tomatoes over Linguine

2 tsp olive oil

1 small onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
2 cans any Cannolini beans. drained

1 package fresh spinach
6 cups linguine, cooked according to pkg directions

Parmesan cheese (grated)
In a separate pan start boiling water for linguine,  cook according to pkg directions.  drain
Heat olive oil in a large skillet add onion and cook for 2 to 4 minutesk add garlic and cook for one minute..  while those are cooking drain and rinse beans,  add the tomatoes and the beans and bring to a boil.
Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
add the linguine to the sauce and stir well.  Top with grated cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment