Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday, I love you!!! (Garlic Knots, Parmesan Chicken)

Ok,  I want to cry..  I just typed a whole blog post,  was almost finished and it deleted itself and then saved after it deleted itself..  GRRRRR     I am hating my laptop right now.. 
So I was telling all about my day off and what I did, etc..  and I don't remember what or how I typed it..   :(    So I will repost the recipes at least..


Garlic Knots

2 c warm water
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp butter, melted or vegetable or olive oil
4 tsp salt
3 1/2 to 4 c all purpose flour

Place the water, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl,  let proof for 5 minutes and then add the salt, 1 c of flour and the melted butter or oil,  mix well and add flour 1 c at a time until a soft dough forms..  turn out onto a floured board and knead well for about 5 minutes..  cut dough in half and form into 2 balls,  cover with a clean towel and let rest for 15 minutes..   remove towel and knead each piece to let the air out,  put one to the side and roll the other one out to a 6 to 8 inch wide by 12 inch long rectangle,  cut with a pizza cutter into 12 to 15 pieces..  tie each into a knot and place on a greased baking sheet..
let rise for 1 1/2 hours and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes..
When they come out of the oven brush them with 1 stick butter, melted and 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced..  after they are all done and have been brushed once I go back over them all until the butter/garlic mixture is gone..  these are so yummy,  so much better than the first and second batch..  I love this bread recipe..  :)

For those who didn't see the parmesan chicken recipe last time I am posting it again.

Parmesan Chicken

1 stick butter, melted
prepared mustard
worcestershire sauce
Panko Bread Crumbs
Parmesan Cheese
5 chicken breast,  cut in half lengthwise

Mix the butter, mustard and worcestershire sauce in a shallow wide bowl,  mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in another low wide bowl.  Cut the chicken in half and dip in the butter, mustard mixture and then in the bread crumbs..  place on a greased baking sheet or in a 9x13 inch pan..  bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes until golden brown..  serve with angel hair pasta and marinara sauce..

No comments:

Post a Comment