Friday, February 25, 2011

Yay for Friday!!! (Taco filling with ground turkey, Spanish Rice)

I love Fridays,  especially when I am off the weekend..  It has been a glorious day today,  not as warm I think as they were originally predicting,  but I will take it over what we were having the beginning of the month.   :)  I went in to work this morning at 6 to help push the truck.. and what do I get to push,  hba(health and beauty)  uggh..   actually it wasn't to bad..  did that for a couple hours,  had a very quick huddle and then went and pushed domestics..  then finally got to work in Jewelry for a little while,  got it all nice and pretty for the weekend,  just hope it stays that way..  alot of stuff went clearance today..  which means another reset soon..  it seems to be never ending..   I guess I can call it job security..  :)
I got off at 1:30,  which was wonderful and bought some new makeup..  I got 3 eyeshadows, 3 lipsticks and 1 double ended eyeliner for $7.00.. I LOVE clearance..  of course I won't be able to find these colors again,  but then new ones will come out that I will want to try.. hehe..
So after I dropped Saundra off at work I went into the kitchen and cleaned it.. again.. and then started dinner..  Soft shell taco's with ground turkey and spanish rice..  both so quick and easy and so very yummy..   I am sure everyone knows how to make taco filling,  but I will post how I do it..

Taco filling with ground turkey

Olive oil
onion, chopped
garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 jar salsa

Heat olive oil in a large skillet,  cook onion for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic,  cook another minute and add the ground turkey,  cook until turkey is done and no longer pink,  add the taco seasoning pkg and a little water..  stir in the salsa and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes..  serve in hard shell or soft shell taco shells with tomatoes, olives, lettuce. sour cream, guacamole and cheese.

Spanish Rice

Olive oil
Onion, chopped
garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1 1/2 c rice
2 c vegetable broth
1 c salsa or tomatoes with chilis

In a saucepan heat the olive oil,  add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.. then add the garlic and cook for a minute,add salt and pepper,  add the rice and toast it for a few minutes.. then add vegetable broth and salsa,  bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat to low and cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.   very yummy and you don't have to worry about the sodium content.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment