Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Wonderful Wednesday!!! (Bourbon Chicken, Roasted Potato Wedges with Lemon, Green Beans with Maple Mustard Sauce)

It is going to be a fabulous day today!!  I can feel it..   Got up and took Saundra to work,  now just chilling for a little while then I am going to go into the kitchen and scrub the floor,  maybe clean out the bottom cabinets..  wipe them down and then shower and get ready to take BekahBoo to her physical therapy appt..   I am thinking I am going to make the Bourbon Chicken tonight,  though I am going to make the sauce with vegetable broth instead of Bourbon..   cause I don't have Bourbon and I don't feel like going and getting any..  lol..   but,  I am still going to call it Bourbon Chicken..  :)  
We just got home from Boo's physical therapy..  man the dr's in that office are so nice to look upon.. hehe..   The main one.. I call him Dr. Sexy..  I don't mind these appts at all..  my Boo is getting well from her car accident and I have something nice to look at.. win win situation if you ask me..  so on the way home since it is so nice we decided that we are going to cook dinner early,  then after we pick Saundra up go to the beach and spend a little while soaking up some fresh air..  I am loving this weather..  so very nice.. :)
Here is the recipe:


Bourbon Chicken

4 to 6 chicken breast,  I am using bone in breast with no skin..
1 c bourbon or vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 c dark brown sugar
1 c ketchup
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 c cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste.

Mix ingredients 2-11 in a 9x13 pan well and then place chicken in, turning a couple time to coat..  cover and put in refrigerator to marinate 2 hours or overnight..  bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour.

With the chicken I am making roasted potato wedges with lemon..  this is a different way to roast potatoes,  but they are so good..



Roasted Potato Wedges with Lemon

6 to 8 potatoes
1 c water
1/2 c fresh lemon juice
1/3 c olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper

Wash potatoes well and cut into 6 to 8 wedges each.  Place in a 13x9 pan.  Whisk together in a bowl the rest of the ingredients and pour over the potatoes,  turn potatoes to coat well with the mixture.. bake 1 hour turning to keep potatoes moist.

I am also serving green beans..   This is such a good recipe..

Green Beans with Maple Mustard Sauce

1 1/2 to 2 lbs green beans.. I use a bag of frozen
2 tbsp course grain dijon mustard
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp olive oil
2 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Cook beans in boiling water for about 10 minutes..  mix the rest of the ingredients in the bottom of the serving bowl and then when the beans are done drain and toss well with the mixture..  sprinkle with salt and pepper..

No comments:

Post a Comment