Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a busy day!!! (Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps)

So work today was busy..   lots to do,  not a lot of time to do it in..  I did get to play in infants a little today..  I have a love/hate relationship with that dept..  I love all the cute baby clothes,  I hate it because a.  it makes me want to buy Samantha everything that is cute and b.  it makes me want to have a baby..   ugghhhh..   that last one is a very scary thought,  not like if I think it I will get pregnant..  but well..  ugghhhh..  guess it's my body telling me my reproductive years are coming to an end.. I didn't stop all day,  and didn't even get close to finishing everything.. 
Either my allergies are acting up or I am coming down with something..  I am praying it's the allergies..   I got home and made dinner and it is yummy..    It makes a lot of filling..  that could be easily spread to 6 or 8 mushroom caps..














Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps

4 large portabella mushrooms
olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 bulb of fennell, sliced
1 bell pepper, chopped
8 to 10 button mushrooms, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c vegetable broth
1/4 c worcestershire sauce
1  8 oz pkg cream cheese
parmesan cheese
bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
romano cheese

wipe off mushroom caps and scrape the gills from the inside,  brush with olive oil and grill on a grill pan or in a regular pan for about 5 minutes on each side.. remove to a lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a touch of worcestershire sauce on each one.    In a large skillet heat oil,  add the onion, carrot, celery, fennel and bell pepper,  cook for 5 to 7 minutes until soft and starting to carmelize..  add the mushrooms and garlic, some salt and pepper and cook another 2 minutes.  add the vegetable broth and worcestershire sauce and cook until reduced by half.  add the cream cheese and stir to combine,  add the bread crumbs grated parmesan cheese. add some salt and pepper..  add the vegetable mixture when it is done and mix well..  fill the caps of the mushrooms and sprinkle with more bread crumbs and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees..   sprinkle with romano cheese and put back in oven until melted..  serve with a nice salad and some crusty bread

No comments:

Post a Comment