Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hug your children often!!!

We are 5 days into the New Year!!!  Time just flies by so fast..  I first want to say to you all who have children,  hug your children,  tell them you love them and don't put off until tomorrow what you can do with them today..  spend time with them because you don't know how long they are going to be with you.  A friend of mine that I worked with for over 2 years tragically lost his 13 yr old son last Wednesday evening and there are no words of comfort that I can give him.  I can give him my love and my support,  but sadly he is going to feel this loss for the rest of his life...  I know some people say time heals all wounds,  not this type of wound.. no parent should ever have to bury their child..  You do move on,  but you are never the same person.. you live the rest of your life as a devastated human being.. you walk around not a whole person anymore..  it changes you forever!!! 
So Saundra has been sick since Sunday afternoon and has been home bound and the apt was looking a little blah because I have been working a lot this week and late and then went to the funeral yesterday and didn't get home until around 7pm..  so Rebekah and I got up this morning and went and got our free Chik-fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit and then went to the bank.  We came home and ate our free biscuit and it was so very yummy!!!  Then we tag teamed and cleaned the apt.  I of course got the kitchen..   so I washed all the dishes,  disinfected anything and everything that Saundra touched.  I cleaned out the fridge and freezer and organized both and then sat down and watched Greek with the girls and made out a dinner menu up through next Friday and I am so excited to get cooking again... 
Tonight for dinner I am making a new recipe..  it looks delish and I think I am going to follow it this time and see how I like it and maybe I will tweak it next time... 

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
Salt And Pepper, to taste
Dash Of Sugar (more To Taste)
1 c Heavy Cream
Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
Fresh Basil, Chopped
1 1/2 pound Fettuccine

Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.   Cook pasta according to pkg directions,  drain reserving 1 c. pasta water.  Remove sauce from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.)

Heat the olive oil and melt the butter

Add the chopped onion and cook for a few minutes

then add the chopped garlic,  cook for another minute

yummy tomato sauce

Add the tomato sauce and stir,  then add the sugar, salt and pepper and let simmer for 25 minutes

after the sauce has cooked for 25 minutes..  deep red.. mmmm

Cook the pasta while the sauce is cooking..
Add the heavy cream

OMG it looks so yummy

Stir well and it looks so beautiful

add the cup of parmesan cheese

Add the pasta

and a little pasta water

Stir to coat the pasta

It's time to eat!!

It is better than I expected!!!!
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread..     This is so yummy!!!  I highly recommend you try this recipe.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment