Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whew, what a day!!!

So to make up for missing work Monday and Tuesday I worked 10 hours today and I am working 10 hours tomorrow..   I am beat..  plus the drive home was eventful because of the black ice on the road and the idiots thinking that everything was ok..   so I got to see a car fly into the ditch..  was lovely..  everyone around me was driving like maniacs until they saw that,  then they decided they needed to slow down..   so I got home and Rebekah had called me and warned me that someone had poured something at the bottom of the stairs and there was a sheet of ice..  yes,  the same stairs that my ass became intimate with on Tuesday..  so I very carefully get out of the car because the parking lot is still covered in ice and got to the area that has been shoveled free of the crap and then see what she was talking about..  grrr..  I am sure someone did that on purpose..  very dangerous..   I changed out of my work clothes and collapsed on the couch and started thinking about what I wanted to cook for dinner..  I needed something yummy and quick and realized that I had some Turkey Italian sausage in the fridge so then decided on making one of my favorite recipes..   Bowties with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Peas..  so quick but oh so yummy!!












Bowties with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Peas..

1 lb box bowtie pasta(farfalle) cooked according to pkg directions
Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 to 3 Italian sausage links.. I use hot
1 8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced
1/2 bag of frozen peas
parmesan cheese,  grated

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet,  add the chopped onion and cook for 2 to 4 minutes,  add the garlic and cook for a minute.   take the casing off the Italian sausage and put in the pan.   break up with a wooden spoon,  cook until done.  add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes and add the peas...  cook a couple minutes until peas are thawed.  Add the cooked pasta and stir,  top with parmesan cheese and enjoy..

No comments:

Post a Comment