Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday again!! (Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks)

Ahh,  another wonderful Wednesday!!!  I really love Wednesday,  it is the perfect day to have off during the week..  mid-week,  when I am off the weekend then I am off Wednesday,  work 2 more days and off 2 days..  Now the other end when I work 6 straight is draining,  but I do it,  complain and whine a little and move on..   It isn't easy,  especially when closing a couple nights,  those are rough on the body!!
I slept until 10 this morning..  I was hurting a bit in my right side last night,  who am I kidding,  have been hurting in my right side since I fell down the stairs a couple weeks ago,  so I snuck into Saundra's purse and took 2 of her Advil.. sweet relief.. and I did ask her,  she just had her earphones in watching Supernatural on her laptop..  lol  so she didn't hear me..  :)   I think I will be investing in my own bottle of Advil..  just to take when I am really hurting badly..  I have to be careful what I take because I have wonderful ulcers..  it is so much fun..   I slept good too..  better than I normally do..  usually I can't stay in bed that long,  I got up and made some fresh coffee and enjoyed it and reading a little online..  mostly looking up new recipes and getting ideas..   I finally showered and cleaned the kitchen and laundry room and did some laundry.. still need to dry it and then fold and put up..   I straightened the dining room and living room and then did my taxes..  fun..  ugghhh..    oh well.. basically breaking even..  :)  Guess it is better than having to pay,  but I need to make adjustments to my w4's..    So here is the new recipe..  I hope that you enjoy..   I can't wait to taste it!!!

I finally brought out my pasta pot that I have had for a while..  fill with water and put over medium high heat and bring to a rolling boil.

3 oz pkg chopped pancetta

3 leeks

after slicing the leeks,  make sure you clean them well in cold water

heat olive oil in a large pan.. 

add pancetta

cook until brown

add butter

and leeks,  I added the garlic after the butter,  but didn't take a pic..

ahh the pasta water is boilling..

add salt

and the pasta

bring back to a boil and cook for around 11 mnutes

vegetable broth

1/2 cup,  add to the pan of leeks and pancetta after it has cooked for 8 to 10 minutes..then cook for 2 to 4 minutes

heavy cream

1/2 cup

reduce the heat to low and add the cream to the pan

let simmer while the pasta finishes cooking

it looks and smells wonderful

shred the parmesan cheese,  add to the sauce

when the pasta is done,  drain

add to the sauce

stir well to coat the pasta,  adding a little pasta water if needed

top with more parmesan cheese..  yummy


 Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks

1 pkg farfalle pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
1/2 to 1 c reserved pasta water
Olive oil
3 oz chopped Pancetta
3 leeks,  sliced and washed in cold wated and then drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1/2 c chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 c heavy cream
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese, grated

Saute pancetta in olive oil until fat is rendered and it starts to brown,  add garlic, butter and leeks and cook for 8 to 10 minutes add the vegetable or chicken broth, cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until reduced. Reduce heat to low, then pour in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Parmesan. Toss in pasta, adding a little pasta water to thin as needed. Serve with Parmesan on the top.

It is so yummy,  serve with a green salad or a green vegetable and some crusty bread

No comments:

Post a Comment