Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rainy, dreary Tuesday!!! (Chicken Noodle Soup)

So we had a visit today at work!!  It went well,  of course,  because we are the best team ever..  haha...  no it lasted maybe 5 minutes..  wow..  we got dinged on the Mens Jean Wall,  which is a pain in everyone's ass!!!  I didn't get to do anything in my dept's  I got to work in Mens and Ready to Wear(Juniors, Misses, Women's clothing)  the day passed by quickly,  which I am glad of..  and well Autumn and I,  we are the best..  lol..   then I get a text from Saundra,  I don't feel well..  I think I am getting what Greg has..  Thanks Greg!!!  you are the best..  so I told her I would make Chicken Noodle Soup when I got home..  That doesn't mean I come home and open a can of Campbell's or Progresso soup,  that means I come home and I make from scratch Chicken Noodle soup..  Here's the recipe

Chicken Noodle Soup

Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced
salt, pepper, rosemary, sage
Either a roasted chicken,   the meat pulled from the bones and chopped or shredded or 3 to 4 chicken breast, cooked in about 5 c water, seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, etc..  cook until chicken is done.  remove chicken from broth and put aside to cool
Boxed or canned or homemade chicken stock..  I used the stock from the chickens I roasted on Sunday..  and I skimmed the fat from the top..
3 to 4 carrots, sliced thinly
1 bag egg noodles,  I use whole wheat

In large stockpot heat olive oil,  add chopped onion and celery and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, add garlic and cook for another minute,  add mushrooms.  cook 2 to 3 minutes,  add the shredded chicken and seasonings,  then add the broth and let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.  then add the carrots and cook another 15 to 20 minutes..  add the egg noodles and a little more salt and cook 7 to 10 more minutes..   Serve hot with crusty bread, crackers or a salad on the side.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment