Monday, January 10, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

I know that I have posted this recipe before,  but I thought I would do it this time and take step by step pictures while doing it and post those..  :)






























Baked Potato Soup

4 to 5 medium baked potatoes, cooked, cooled and cubed
2 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp olive oil
8 Tbsp flour
8 c milk,  I use skim and vege broth
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
bacon..cooked and chopped..  I never put an amount because it is how much you want..
sour cream
chives

Melt the butter in the olive oil,  then add the flour and whisk to combine, salt and pepper,  about a tsp of each.  let cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat.  don't let it burn..  Then add the milk mixture slowly,  whisking quickly as you go..  when it is mixed well bring it to a soft boil and then add the cheese and potatoes..  taste and add more salt and pepper if needed..  let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes,  then add the bacon..  can use sour cream, chives and extra cheddar cheese as garnish..

No comments:

Post a Comment