Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday!! (Turkey Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple)

So,  it's Friday again,   doesn't really matter I work this weekend and it is going to be so much fun.    :)   I came across this recipe and decided I wanted to try it..  It seemed delicious and pretty easy..  plus when I saw that Kroger had fresh pineapples on sale,  I knew that was a sign that I needed to make it this week..  :)  I couldn't very well let the pineapple go bad now could I??   In true Nina fashion I changed it up a little bit..  I hope it is as yummy as it looks and smells..  

Turkey Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple 

1 1/4 pound Groud Turkey
1 Onion, Diced Very Finely
1 Egg
1/2 c Panko Bread Crumbs (or Regular Breadcrumbs)
1 tsp Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, More To Taste
1/4 c All-purpose Flour
Olive Oil
1 Bell Peppers, Diced Roughly
1 1/2 c Fresh Pineapple Chunks
2 c Beef Stock Or Broth
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 c Vinegar
1/3 c Sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
Salt To Taste
Crushed Red Pepper, To Taste
Extra Beef Stock If Needed

Combine ground turkey, diced onion, egg, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and crushed red pepper. Mix with hands until combined. Roll meat mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Mix together beef stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Roll meatballs in flour, then fry in two batches until nice and brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Remove meatballs and set aside on a separate plate.
Add more olive oil to the pan and return pan to medium heat. When pan is hot, throw in the chopped onions and green peppers and cook for one minute. Add pineapple to pan and cook for one minute, stirring gently. Pour sauce mixture, then add meatballs. Stir gently to combine and allow to cook and bubble for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Add salt and crushed red peppers to taste.

Serve over cooked brown or white rice.













No comments:

Post a Comment