Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW!!!


What are you doing to pass the time??  I have decided to bake bread..  I know,  I am crazy,  but I haven't really baked bread in a long time..  yes,  I make dinner rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas..  but this is different...   you ask how??  Well,  because I say it is different..  I love baking bread,  I love the smell of yeast,  I love the feel of the dough,  I love the end product and knowing that I did that with my hands..  and the help of a kitchenaid mixer..  but I did it..   I love the taste.. nothing better than a slice of fresh baked bread with butter..  mmmm..     I am also making Baked Potato Soup later for dinner to go with the yummy bread..  :)   This is a new recipe and in true Nina fashion I have changed it up..  :)  
The yeast, water and sugar mixture

after it proofed

add some flour

the wheat flour

I love making bread

more flour

and more

finally ready to knead the dough

after I kneaded it

such pretty dough

omg it doubled in size in 15 minutes..

cut into fourths

my pretty bread

the braid on the pan

ready to rise

my Italian loaf

the Italian loaf waiting to rise

after 30 minutes.. omg it's huge..  hehe

another angle

this is going to be my favorite new bread recipe

fresh, hot and buttered from the oven.. yummy

this is so good
the Italian loaf..

It turned out so nice!!!

Easiest White Bread

4 c warm water
8 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp yeast
4 tbsp butter, melted
4 tsp salt
7 to 10 cups flour ( I used 2 c. whole wheat flour and the rest all purpose)

Put 1 c water, the sugar and yeast in a large bowl or the bowl of your kitchenaid mixer.  Let sit until doubled in size.. 5 to 10 minutes.   add the melted butter, the 3 c. water, salt and 2 c. of flour.  mix together and then add flour 2 c. at a time and mix well after each addition,  keep adding the flour until a soft dough forms.   put flour on a clean surface and turn dough out onto the flour and knead for 2 to 5 minutes until no longer sticky.   form into a ball and then cover with a clean towel and let sit 15 minutes.   after it sits,  cut the dough into 4 pieces and then form each piece into either a loaf,  a rustic Italian loaf or take 3 of the pieces and braid it together..   place on greased pan and let rise until doubled.. 30 to 45 minutes..  then bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.   brush with melted butter and enjoy!!!

Ok,  so the girls and I are devouring this bread and it is yummy..  This is the best recipe I have came across and tweaked to make my own..   I am thinking of all the wonderful ways to use this dough..  gosh I can't wait to experiment with it..  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment