Thursday, January 20, 2011

For the Dad's out there!!

No recipe today but this has been heavy on my heart for a while..  I feel that I need to share it so here goes.. 

I want to encourage all dads with daughters to please love your daughters,  show them love,  teach them love,   show them that they are important,  that what they think and feel is important.  Be there to listen to them,  make them feel so safe in your presence that they can tell you anything and everything.  Start this when they are young,  don't ever stray from it..  because the way you treat them is how they know what is acceptable when they get older..   Show them by example how men should treat them always..  

I didn't have a relationship with my father,  ever..  he was a being in my life..   he never spoke to me,  except to tell me to shut up.  He never hugged me,  told me he loved me,  nothing..  I never got anything from him,  but negativity and it has affected me my whole life.   When you are told from a young age to shut up that you don't matter,  after a while you believe it.. and you shut up..   I am a very quiet person..  I find it hard to share my feelings with others and it is because of how I was treated as a little girl by my own father,  the man who was supposed to protect and love me unconditionally,  but honestly I don't know if he loved me,   he sure didn't act like it..    Sadly my memories of my dad are of an angry, drunk man who wanted everyone else to be miserable..   I remember hiding at my neighbors house when he would be drunk because I couldn't deal with it..  To this day I can't handle it when a man is drunk.. 

I am more an action type person..  I believe actions speak so much louder than words...   but I do tell my children I love them,   I hug them,  and I try to project as much positive energy toward them as possible.  I don't want my daughters being damaged like me.  I want them to feel secure and loved and know that they can tell me anything they need to and it will be ok..   I want them to know how they should be treated by men..   that they deserve respect and love.. 

So dad's look at your little girls and envision them in a bad relationship..  what do you want them to know??  

No comments:

Post a Comment