Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, Monday!! (Taco Soup)

Happy Monday!!!  ugghhh..  I wasn't looking forward to today at all..  so wanted to just stay in bed this morning and not go anywhere,  but knowing I have bills to pay and that I like having a mani/pedi done once a month I drug my ass out of bed and showered and enjoyed some coffee and then got ready for work..  nothing cute today,  no straightening of the hair.. left it wavy/curly,  did put on a little makeup and the usual red and khaki..  I get so tired of wearing the same thing,  probably why I love wearing my skirt with black leggings, black boots and cute red sweaters so much..  It makes me feel like sort of a rebel.. lol..   makes me feel different than everyone else there..  :)  It was a busy busy day..  got through 2 1/2 aisles of cosmetics,  cleaning and zoning when I got the news that new accessories came in and that my wonderful STL(store manager) wanted me to put them out.. so I got all the new handbags, hats and wallets out.. still have some belts back there,  will get to them tomorrow..  not a lot of cute stuff so far..  doesn't look spring like at all.. hoping when the other product comes in it is more spring inspired..  I did make it back over to Cosmetics to at least clean the finger nail polish off the displays and shelves..  I so love that part of my job..  I am glad that I was able to take over cosmetics last year..  I am really happy that since I have taken over that the sales have steadily increased..  :)  Positive comps is a good thing.. hehe..  :)   So I am home,  I have on my fuzzy slippers,  my big, baggy comfy pants and my GA Bulldog hoodie and am waiting for dinner to finish cooking..   so you ask,  what
is for dinner??   Hmm,  well I will tell you..  it's Taco Soup..  yummy and quick..  :) 

Taco Soup

Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg Taco seasoning
1/2 c water
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilis
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 16oz pkg frozen corn
4 c water
1 c vegetable broth

In a large stockpot heat olive oil,  add onion and cook for a few minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute.  Add taco seasoning and the 1/2 c water,  stir well.  add the tomatoes and green chilis,  stir,  add the beans, corn, water and vegetable broth.  Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes..  garnish with avocado, fresh lime juice and sour cream..  serve with tortilla chips..

You can substitute chicken broth and add shredded cooked chicken to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment