Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday!!

Hello everyone!!  I hope that everyone had an amazing Christmas!!  I did..  it was perfect..  Great times spent with loved ones..  My children spoiled me so much this year..  I couldn't have dreamed of a better Christmas if I had tried..  but even if I hadn't gotten any gifts,  the gift of being together as a family was enough for me..  Samantha is just so darn cute..  I love that child more than my own life..  She is funny, smart, amazing, beautiful, etc..  she loved all her gifts.. 
Christmas eve dinner turned out great..  Saundra and I were so worn out from work that we enjoyed it,  but not like we should have..  Christmas morning breakfast was delish..  I LOVE sausage balls..  they are so yummy..   I was munching on them cold while prepping the dinner rolls and the eggnog..   The eggnog turned out wonderful and then when it started snowing I made homemade hot chocolate..  you have to have hot chocolate when it snows..  I was guzzling coffee like no one's business..  :) 
The ham was yummy as were all the sides that went along with it..  we were very well fed and that in itself is a blessing.. 
As the year winds down and a new one approaches I think back on this past year and am so blessed with everything and everyone that came into my life..   I got my Boo back from Texas,  even though I had to drive 36 hours in 2 1/2 days.. that was a challenge,  but I did it..  I took over a difficult dept at work and I have made it beautiful and profitable..  my wonderful friends are a constant joy to me..  Ash, Ang, Autumn and Kim..  I love you all..    my beautiful, smart, wonderful, loving, giving daughters are my joy...   We made a huge decision 3 1/2 years ago that would change our lives for what we hoped would be the better and it was..  We are all happier, stronger and more independent than ever.  We are also closer than ever..  We have went beyond the mother/daughter relationship to one of best friends/supporters..  we are there for each other in good and bad times..  You two are my biggest supporters and I thank you so much for that..  I love you both!!!

So what are your plans for New Years Eve??  We are going to have an intimate party with just us, Nik.. I think of him as part of us now...  and a few close friends..  I am making my famous Hot Wings..  not sure I will be sharing that recipe.. it is sacred..  Pizza, Texas Cheese Fries, Guacamole, fresh veges, ranch dip, Pecan Sandies and Muddy Buddies and drinks..  not sure what drinks..  but the main ingredient will be Rum!!!  lol...  :) 
Take care everyone and have a fantastic night.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment