Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Cookie Wednesday!!!

I am going to be a busy little bee today..  We are making cookies,  lots and lots of cookies..  and I am excited.. I love making cookies and listening to Christmas music..  I started this tradition when the kids got a little older..  every year I would make more and more different kinds..   I am not sure how many I will get done today..  but you know you will be getting recipes..  :) 
I am going to start off with oatmeal raisin,  my own secret recipe..  I know,  you're thinking everyone makes oatmeal raisin cookies.. but mine are special.  I add a little something extra to them to make them extra delish!!  They also were my sister Joanne's favorite cookie..  it was the one thing she always wanted for Christmas,  and for me to make all her cookies for her..  lol  I didn't make them for 6 years after Jo passed away.. I just started making them 4 years ago again..  in her honor and memory..  I always think of her and the wonderful memories I have of us..  my sister and I..  my best friend..  you never stop missing them..   love ya Jo..  RIP  4/19/62-3/29/00



Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 c butter, softened
1 c packed brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 c oatmeal
1 c raisins
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a large mixer cream butter and sugars,  add eggs 1 at a time and blend well,  add the baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves,  mix well,  add the flour 1/2 c at a time and then the oatmeal 1/2 cup at a time,  blending after each 1/2 c..  add the raisins,  mix well..    drop by rounded tbsp onto a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes..   I line my baking sheets with foil and spray those for easy cleanup and I use a cookie scoop..  makes it go much faster..  makes around 5 to 6 dozen cookies,  depending on the size.. 

Next I think will be the white chocolate cranberry orange cookie..  I came up with this recipe last year and everyone went crazy over these..  they were a HUGE hit..  have had more requests for these than any other cookie that I have ever made..

White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookie

1 c butter, softenend
1 c shortening
1 c packed brown sugar
1 c sugar
2 eggs
4 to 4 1/2  c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 c dried cranberries
1 orange zested and juiced

Cream butter, shortening with the sugars,  add the eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla,  beat well,  add the zest and juice of the orange,  then add the flour 1/2 c at a time beating after each 1/2 c.  then add the chocolate chips and cranberries..  mix at a low speed..  drop by rounded tsp on a greased baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 12 minutes until light brown.   makes about 5 to 6 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment