Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Snowing!!!!

Ok,  so you all know that it never snows in GA!!!  Well it is snowing and I am loving it..  I so love this weather and having snow this close to Christmas.. OMG..   I LOVE IT!!!!  It has been an amazing weekend for me.  It has been a difficult 4 days,  but yesterday we had Allatoona High School come shop.  These kids raise money all year to buy Christmas gifts for underprivileged children..they take the kids shopping and it is so great to see teenagers doing this, the smiles on their faces and the spirit of giving that they each showed.. male and female alike. They were so attentive to the children that they were with.  While the kids were shopping the band and chorus came and sang in the store and played music..it was amazing..it seemed to put everyone shopping in an awesome mood. Then last night I had dinner with some of my besties from high school.  Loved every second of it..great company, wonderful food and lots of laughter.  Then today, sure I walked into a disaster at the fitting room and it seemed to take forever to get the ad set in softlines(for you non-target people that means the clothing areas) but it started snowing..  totally made my day..   I came home and plugged my Christmas trees in with their bi-polar lights..   yes I said bi-polar lights..  I have 3 trees..  one in my kitchen,  it is 3 ft tall and has blue lights, silver, pearl and white tiny ornaments on it with tiny green and red and big blue candy canes..  well now half the lights work.  I have a 3 ft tree in my dining room..  it is my remembrance tree,  on it I have gold ornaments with the names of loved ones passed away written on each one with red candy canes and white lights.. well when I first put it out all the lights worked,  then half the lights, then all and now half again and the big tree in the living room has a set of lights that blinks sometimes and doesn't blink sometimes..  and I have decided,  I am just going to go with it..  for now.. eventually it will get to me and I will buy new lights for each one..  :)
I came home from work and decided to make vegetable beef soup with cornbread..  I just pulled the cornbread out of the oven and it smells wonderful.  I love making cornbread in my cast iron skillet.   To me both vegetable beef soup and cornbread are basics that everyone should know how to make..   if not,  give me a shout and I will definitely post a recipe,  sort of..  I just make both,  don't really pay attention.. 
The Cornbread nice and hot from the oven

Yummy soup

Can't wait to eat it,  I'm starving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment