Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookies and more cookies!!!!

Hello everyone!!!  So sorry for neglecting you all..  I have been so busy with work and cookies...  Work hasn't been so bad so far this year..  Busy,  which is good..  but not to many nasty people..  It has been wearing me out though,  and then trying to get all the baking and shopping done..  I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel..  finishing up the cookies that I am giving away tonight..  will make trays tomorrow when I get home and then deliver them...  then what is left will end up at work..   Wednesday I will make Chocolate, Peanut butter, walnut cookies,  Chocolate with Peanut butter Chip, Pecan Sandies, Lemon Thumbprints, Apricot Thumbprints and Gingersnaps..    I also need to do the prep work for Christmas Eve Dinner, Christmas morning breakfast and Christmas dinner..   maybe I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel..   LOL!!   But the things I still have to do I enjoy..   and it doesn't seem like a lot and my Boo is off the next 2 days and she is a great help!

Gingersnaps

3/4 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 c flour
2 Tbsp ground ginger
1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
1 tsp cinnamon
additional sugar

Cream butter and sugar together until creamed.  Add egg and molasses and mix well.  Add spices and flour and mix well.   Roll into 1 inch balls and roll into additional sugar.  Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes

Lemon Coolers

1 c butter
2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp lemon extract
2 2/3 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg, lemon zest and lemon extract.  Mix well and add flour.     Using a 1 inch cookie scoop place on greased cookie sheets and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 1o9 minutes until light brown.   When still barely warm dredge in powdered sugar.
Apricot Thumbprints

Raspberry Thumbprints

Thumbprints

1 c butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 egg
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and brown sugar together,  add vanilla, corn syrup and egg and beat well.  Mix in flour and salt.  Roll into balls and with your thumb make an indention in the center of each one and fill with apricot preserves, raspberry preserves, lemon curd, chocolate fudge, etc...  use your imagination.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment