Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Sunday!!

Hi everyone!!
I hope you all have had a fabulous weekend..  I couldn't have asked for a better one myself..  Christmas Tree shopping Friday,  Christmas Tree Farm yesterday and decorated the tree we got Friday and today a mani/pedi and my new Christmas nails!!  I am loving them.. :)   Of course the weekend went by way to fast..  I made some awesome Chili in the crockpot Friday night to have when we got back from the Christmas Tree Farm..   I have enough left to make Chili Cheese Fries one night for dinner..
The Chili was easy to make..  I had some beans I had cooked and frozen before Thanksgiving and I picked up some ground beef..  yes,  I said ground beef..  I am introducing some meats back into our diet..  Rebekah is doing well with it so far,  but I have to say that 99% of the time we will be eating vegetarian..  it is better for you and it is so much cheaper..   so I cooked an onion and garlic in olive oil,  then added 1/2 lb ground beef and cooked it until it was no longer pink..  drained it,  then added chili seasoning, diced tomatoes and tomatoes with green chili's added..  cooked it for about 5 minutes and then turned it off..  The beans were thawing out in the crock pot.. when they got to where they were mostly thawed I added the meat/tomato/onion mixture and mixed it real well and cooked it overnight..  It was very yummy..  I like Chili with saltine crackers and some sour cream and cheddar cheese..
Tonight I am making a Broccoli Cheddar Quiche.   I am hoping that it taste as good as it smelled and looked when I put it in the oven..
The Quiche before I put it in the oven

Fresh out of the oven..  it smells so good!!

Broccoli Cheddar Quiche

1 9 inch pie crust,  keep refrigerated until ready to bake
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 to 2 tsp garlic, minced
16 oz low fat cottage cheese
1 c shredded cheddar cheese,  I use the 2% milkfat
3 eggs
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
salt and pepper to taste
16 oz frozen chopped broccoli,  thawed and drained well
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated

cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent,  turn off heat and set aside.  Meanwhile mix the cottage cheese, eggs, mustard, salt, pepper, broccoli, cheddar and parmesan cheese until well combined.  add onion and garlic,  mix well.  pour into pie plate lined with pie crust and put n a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.

Serve with leafy green salad and crusty french bread..

No comments:

Post a Comment