Friday, December 17, 2010

The Countdown is on!!!

Wow,  December 17th already!!  Where has this year gone??   Are we ready??  You know.. it doesn't matter if you are or not.. it's coming.. nothing you can do to stop it..  
I would like to remind everyone that Christmas isn't about material things..  it is about the gift of love..  For God so loved us he gave his only begotten Son!!!   Could you give up your child for this world??  I don't believe that I could..  I am thankful that I have the relationship with my kids that I have.  I am super close to my daughters..  so close that I can read them very well... which ticks them off royally!!!
You could ask my children today what their favorite thing about the holidays are and I will guarantee you 100% it won't be about the gifts that they received and forgot about.. it will be the memories that we created as a family while they were growing up..  Christmas Eve dinner,  Christmas morning breakfast,  Christmas dinner..  all very important to them..   decorating the tree..  helping me with my Santa's,  helping to bake cookies and made the plates and trays to take to friends and neighbors..  I tried to give my children the want to help others and give to others..  I pray that I have accomplished that..  but I think the memories that I helped create as they were growing up will stay with them for the rest of their lives and one day those memories will be used to make new memories with their own families!!!
There are so many people who are struggling financially,  but you know..  if you have the important things.. love, health, shelter and food..  anything else is a bonus..  and you should give thanks for it!!!  So chin up everyone.. we are going to get through this together..  because honestly,  what is important in this life??  things or the people that you are very blessed to call family and friends..  and sometimes friends become your family!!!  So embrace your loved ones and tell then what is in your heart.. 
Love and hugs everyone,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment