Monday, December 6, 2010

Good Monday Evening!!

Hello everyone!!!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful day!!  Mine wasn't to bad!!  Just kind of long..   I sit here listening to Christmas music with the tree's lit up,  some candles burning and the balcony door open a tiny bit for a few minutes to let some fresh air in and I remember why I love this time of year so much...  The peace and joy that fills my heart.. the want to help others,   the love I have for my children,  it seems amplified..  the memories of my mother, sister, nieces and nephews and brother....  the memories of childhood.. the good times..  it all comes back to me as I sit in darkness and let my mind stop for a few minutes..   I haven't stopped since I got home from work,  but that's ok..  worked a mid today and got home around 6..  came in changed out of my work clothes and cleaned the kitchen.. see again,  cleaning the kitchen..  do it all the time..  then got everything out for the soup I am making for dinner..  made it and now just relaxing and waiting for it to finish cooking so I can eat some dinner and relax until time to pick the girls up from work..  :)   This is the first time I have tried this recipe and in true Nina fashion,  I tweaked it from the very start..  so I am just going to give you the recipe how I did it..
Bubbling away on the stove!!
 

Spicy Black Bean Soup

1/2 large red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb bag black beans,  cooked
32 oz vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes with chili's
cumin
red pepper flakes
1 bag frozen corn
1/2 c brown rice,  uncooked
salt and pepper to taste

saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent,  then add the cooked beans with the liquid, the vegetable broth, tomatoes, spices, corn, brown rice, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.. reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes..  

No comments:

Post a Comment