Monday, December 13, 2010

12 Days until Christmas!!!

What a day!!!  Work was CCRRAAZZYY!!!   I loved when it was snowing..  have I mentioned that I LOVE SNOW!!!   we were so busy..  all I was able to do was walk to the front lanes,  check some people out,  then go back to running strays and or pushing a pull and before I would get back to where I left it would be called back up front.. went on ALL DAY!!!  I was so happy to run out of there at 4:30.. 
Came home and made dinner..  Sun dried tomato chicken and French onion soup..  yummy..  Both are very easy..   then cleaned up after dinner and we went to the Square in Marietta and walked around.. I was a little disappointed..  they used to have carolers and more lights and stuff..  but this year just the tree and some lights.. we walked around for a little while and then decided to get back in the warm car and thaw out..  we were all frozen.. hehe..  we drove around and looked at Christmas lights for a while.. now we are home.. I made some homemade hot chocolate and we are getting ready to watch A Christmas Carol.. 

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

Sun-dried tomato salad dressing
chicken breast..

Pour the salad dressing over the chicken and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.. put in a 350 degree oven and bake for an hour..  so yummy and moist.. 

French Onion Soup

2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3 to 5 Onions, sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 to 1/2 c. worcestershire sauce
2 boxes of beef broth
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions in olive oil and butter.. until onions start carmelizing about 15 to 20 minutes. then add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes..   add the beef broth, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes..   I usually toast some french bread and melt swiss cheese on top and serve with the soup

Hot Chocolate

ok,  I don't measure anything for this..

sugar
cocoa
vanilla
milk

I eyeball everything and taste before it gets warm to see if I need to add anything to balance it out..  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment