Monday, June 27, 2011

Back to the Grindstone!! (Orange, Ginger Chicken with Noodles and Vegetables)

I had a wonderful weekend..  Spend Friday night with my daughters and a friend from work watching old movies and eating yummy pizza..  Saturday was spend with the most gorgeous 2 yr old on the planet..  she reminds me so much of all my children rolled into one..  She is smart, funny, fearless and sweet..   She loved having her party at The Bounce House in Canton..  really cute place and a lot of fun..  at first she didn't like the big slide,  but after a while she didn't want to stop.. just watching her run around on her tiptoes made my day..  she wasn't into cake or presents..  she wanted to play..  and after she played that whole time I am sure she slept real good that night..  I got in one of the inflatables with her and wow..  that crap jars the body..  my neck and shoulders..  ouch!!!   getting old stinks..  :) Then the girls and I enjoyed some Chinese Food at our favorite place.. Sunday I took it easy..  well.. ok I cleaned, did laundry and made the dogs some homemade dog food..  they are so spoiled..  but they LOVE it.. lol..  and I know it is so much better than what I was buying them,  even though I was buying the Iams Naturals..  it's not really that good for them..  I have been doing quite a bit of reading..  it isn't pleasant..  and I know now that what they are eating is real/whole food.. not by products or ground up unknowns..  :) 
For dinner tonight I decided to try a new recipe..  

Orange, Ginger, Chicken with Noodles and Vegetables

1 pkg whole wheat linguini, cooked according to pkg directions
olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast,  cut into 1 inch pieces
Orange, Ginger Sauce( I bought mine this time,  next time I think I will make it)
2 pkgs stir fry vegetables

In a large skillet heat the olive oil,  add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes,  add the chicken breast and the garlic,  cook until the chicken is cooked through,  add half the jar of Orange, Ginger sauce,  cook for about 5 minutes,  add the vegetables,  the rest of the sauce and rinse the jar out with about 1/4 c water.. add and saute the vegetables until crisp/tender..  add the cooked noodles and mix well..  it is yummy,  but there was something in that sauce.. probably the sodium content that made me extremely ill..   so that is why next time I will make the sauce..

No comments:

Post a Comment