Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love My Wednesday's!!!!! (Red Beans and Rice, Ravioli Bake, Pineapple Upside Down Cake)

What a fabulous day!!!  Hung out at the pool with my beautiful girls for a few hours and loved it.. nothing relaxes me more than being in the pool and lying in the sun..  I am getting so dark and am LOVING IT!!!  Then we came home and I showered and got ready to meet my friend Kim at Chili's for a late lunch.. Hello Tropical Sunrise Margarita!!!!  I freaking love you!!!  It is so very yummy..  I highly recommend it for all you Margarita drinkers..  :)  Had a lovely lunch with Kim..  She is such a wonderful person and I am very thankful she is back in my life..  it has been a wonderful day off..  very restful and relaxing..  getting ready for my 6 day stretch..  they are all opens though so I lucked out.. the closings are tough...  my body hates closings..
Monday I put some dark red kidney beans in the crockpot to cook for red beans and rice.. I love red beans and rice so very much..  :)   Then yesterday morning I finished the prep for the red beans and rice and got it going in the crockpot..  the smell when I got home was fabulous..  I cooked the rice in my wonderful rice cooker..  I need a bigger one..  and then mixed it in with the bean mixture in the crockpot..  yummy.. 
Tonight the girls(Rebekah) are cooking for their dad.. his b'day is tomorrow so it is dinner and dessert for dad..  Rebekah made a Pineapple Upside Down cake last night and Ravioli Bake after we got home from the pool..  It smells yummy in here.. 

Red Beans and Rice

4 cans or 1 bag dried beans cooked.. rinsed and drained...

1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
1 cup chicken broth
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Hot cooked rice


Place all the ingredients but the rice in the crockpot and set on low and cook all day..  cook rice and you can either mix it in with the beans or serve the beans over the rice..  it was fabulous.. you can also add some hot sauce to the crockpot too..  I like some heat.. :)

Ravioli Bake

peppers, chopped
onions, chopped
garlic, chopped
olive oil
1 can or jar spaghetti sauce
1 large can crushed tomatoes
Italian seasonings..
2 pkg frozen cheese Ravioli
Mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese..

In a saucepan heat the oil and add the peppers, onions and garlic,  let cook about 5 minutes,  add the sauce and crushed tomatoes, rinsing the cans out with a little cool water..  add to the pan,  add some seasoning and let simmer for about an hour.. 
put a couple ladles of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, lay the ravioli over and sprinkle with cheese.. repeat the sauce, ravioli and cheese until ravioli is gone..  bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour..  yummy..

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

butter
brown sugar
sliced pineapple, drained, reserving juice
yellow cake mix
oil
eggs

Melt about 1/3 to 1/2 cup butter in bottom of a 9x13 dish..  add about 1 to 1 1/2 c brown sugar and stir well..  lay in the pineapple slices..  make cake according to pkg directions substituting juice for the water..   pour over pineapple in the pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.. testing with a skewer or toothpick...  let cool and remove from pan.. 

The Asiago Bread I made on Sunday..  mmmmmmmmm  

No comments:

Post a Comment