Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wonderful Saturday!!! (Turkey and Black Bean Taco's, Spanish Rice)

I got up and took Rebekah to work this morning and then came home and cleaned my room and my fan.. oh boy was it nasty... hung up some clothes,  put up my scarves for the summer/fall and took the sheets off my bed and washed them..   still have to put them back on.. but I have time..  then Saundra and I went and enjoyed a little time at the pool,  came home and showered and I got dressed to do a little shopping and then we came home,  put the food up and chilled for a bit then I took Saundra to work and we stopped and picked up Freon at the auto parts store..  got hit on and then left..  went and got the ac fixed and came home and cooked a very yummy dinner and now I am just chilling again..  I got a good amt of sun today and I am getting darker and darker..  but there is a line..  we saw this woman at the beach Wednesday..  ewwww..  she was to dark.. her skin looked like leather..    so I am going to take it nice and slow.. plus my work schedule doesn't allow for a lot of beach/pool time..  so I get what I can when I can..  nothing relaxes me more than being at either the beach or pool..  :) 

So for dinner I made yummy Turkey and Black Bean Taco's with Homemade Spanish Rice.. it was so yummy and super easy and pretty frugal.. especially if you are like me and buy Ground Turkey and or Ground Turkey Breast when it is on special and throw it in the freezer immediately.. 

Turkey and Black Bean Taco's

18 to 20 oz ground Turkey.. I used the 85/15 ratio.. but there wasn't any fat in it at all..
1 pkg taco seasoning.. low sodium if you can find it
salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed..

In a large skillet brown the Turkey,  add the taco seasoning and about 1/4 c water..  cook for a couple minutes.. reduce heat and stir in about 2 c salsa and the drained black beans.. let simmer for about 30 minutes.. serve on soft taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, and reduced fat cheese..

Spanish Rice

1 onion, chopped
olive oil
1 c rice
1 c salsa
1 c water

In a saucepan heat olive oil and saute the onion about 5 minutes..  add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.. add the salsa and water and bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat and cover.. cook 20 to 25 minutes.. do not stir..  fluff with fork before serving.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment