Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Change of Attitude!!! (Macaroni and Cheese, Fresh Green Beans, Sauteed Summer Squash, Fried Eggplant)

It is amazing how you can change your attitude about things and remove all drama from your life and things just start falling into place..  I have decided that my life is going to be all positive,  nothing negative is allowed..  I actually love my job..  I love spending time in cosmetics and I love spending time in Jewelry and Accessories..  every time I pick something up or put it back where it goes,  I remind myself that it is job security..  my goal every day is to be the best I can be,  do the very best to my ability,  have fun with my family of co-workers who I love to pieces and give thanks to God for all my blessings...  when you start focusing on positive things,  then the negative starts flowing away.. and I love that.
So for dinner tonight I am making a complete vegetarian meal..  I miss being a complete vegetarian a lot and think about going back to that lifestyle..  not that we really eat a lot of meat..  we eat Chicken and Turkey..  very very little beef and hardly any pork..   I love cooking new things,  but there is nothing more satisfying than cooking fresh vegetables in the summer time..  :)

Macaroni and Cheese

1 16 oz box
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
hot sauce
salt and pepper
8 tbsp flour
8 c milk(I use skim)
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded(I use the 2%)
8 oz hot pepper cheese, shredded
4 oz mozzarella, shredded

Cook pasta according to pkg directions..  In a large saucepan heat oil and add butter,  add the flour and stir well, add the hot sauce and salt and pepper.  Let cook about 2 minutes.. slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.. cook on a medium low heat until starting to thicken and then add the cheeses,  cook for another few minutes..  drain the pasta and add to the saucepan.. stir well and then pour into a large caking pan..  I like my sauce thin to start with because it thickens  up in the oven..  bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour.. 

Green Beans

2 lbs fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
water
salt
pepper
butter
sugar

Add the beans to a saucepan with 2 inches of water simmering,  add the salt, pepper, 2 tbsp butter and 1 to 2 tsp sugar..  let cook until most of the water cooks out..

Steamed Squash

2 lbs squash, sliced
water
salt
pepper
butter
sugar

In a saucepan add the squash,  pour about 1/3 c water over the squash,  add the salt, pepper, 1 tbsp butter and about 2 tsp sugar.. cook until the squash is falling apart.

Fried Eggplant

2 Eggplant, sliced in 1 inch slices
flour
salt
pepper

In a large skillet add olive oil and heat,  salt the eggplant and the put salt and pepper in the flour,  dredge the eggplant in the seasoned flour mixture and put in the hot oil,  cook for about 5 minutes on each side..  remove to a plate and continue cooking until all is done..

No comments:

Post a Comment