Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Friday!!! (Texas Cheese Fries)

Friday finally got here,  but it doesn't really matter much to me.. I am working all weekend.. at least I am not closing..  opening is bad enough,  but closing is the worst..  at least on my body...  it takes a beating..  I have been able to spend more time with my sons lately and it makes me very happy.. I love when they ask if there are leftovers and come eat dinner with me and we get to talk..
Being a parent is one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done in my life..  I absolutely loved watching my babies growing up..   hard, yes,  but oh so rewarding when you see them being responsible adults..   I love having conversations with them and realizing that wow,  all those days and nights that I agonized over whether I was doing a good job, doing the right thing, teaching them right from wrong etc.. paid off..  that they are all good people with a heart for others and that they don't feel like the world owes them anything..  they are my greatest accomplishment..  I am proud of each and every one of them..

While driving to work this morning as I realized that I forgot my yogurt I was going through the contents of the pantry/fridge and thought,  I think I will make Texas Cheese Fries for dinner.. I have everything..  yummy!!!!  I love these things, and they are basically fool proof..  potatoes, bacon, cheese, jalapenos and ranch dipping sauce..  mmmmmm


Texas Cheese Fries

8 to 10 potatoes sliced 1/2 inch thick and then julienned
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic
chili powder
paprika
steak seasoning
cajun seasoning
Mix all together in a large bowl and spread on a large rimmed baking pan and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes

Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Jalapenos

sprinkle hot fries with the cheese, bacon and jalapenos.. serve with ranch on the side as a
 dipping sauce..   so very yummy!!!!

I am making this cheesecake for my friend Kim who is hosting a dinner Monday evening and she asked if I would make one for her..  of course I said yes..  :) 


Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake

Strawberry Sauce
16 oz strawberries,  fresh or frozen, sliced or chopped
1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp water

Put the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan,   heat over medium heat until the strawberries start to break down..run through the blender and put back in the pan..  reduce heat and stir the cornstarch in with the water.. add to the strawberries and cook until thick..   remove from heat and cool..  store in the refrigerator..
(Be very careful when you run this through the blender,  cause it can sort of spew out of the blender and go all over you and everything around it..  and it is HOT!!!!)


Crust
1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed
1 stick butter, melted


Mix together and press into bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.. bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes..


Cheesecake
3 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 16oz container sour cream

place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat until soft and creamy,  add the sugar and mix for about 5 minutes..  add the eggs 1 at a time mixing well after each one,  then add the vanilla,  mix and then add the sour cream..  mix well and then pour into the prepared pan..place 5 to 6 spoons of the strawberry sauce on top of the cheesecake and run a knife through it making a marbled design..   bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.. until set..  turn off oven and crack open the door and let sit for another hour and then remove to counter to further cool..  Decorate with whole strawberries and the remainder of the sauce heated in the microwave and brushed over the strawberries..

No comments:

Post a Comment