Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Wonderful Wednesday!!! (Apple Crisp)

I needed a quiet relaxing day today,  Monday and Tuesday were crazy and I am sure the next 6 will be even crazier..  Went to the bank,  then shopping and got tons of fresh fruits and veges.. I love fresh fruits and veges...  Decided while shopping that I would make meatloaf, mashed potatoes, fried okra, steamed cabbage and salad..  it was all so good,  first time I have made meatloaf in probably 2 years..  we adopted the vegetarian lifestyle for a year and then transitioned over to a polo-vegetarian lifestyle,  meaning we eat chicken and turkey..  along with many vegetarian meals..   I loved the vegetarian lifestyle..  have been thinking seriously about going back to it..



















Apple Crisp

8 to 10 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 c sugar
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves
1 stick butter, melted
1 c flour
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c walnuts
cinnamon

In a large bowl mix the apples, sugar and spices together.. pour into a casserole dish..  mix the melted butter, flour and brown sugar together,  add the walnuts and cinnamon,  mix and spread over the apples..  bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes..  Serve with vanilla ice cream/yogurt and caramel sauce

Thrasher,  my granddog.. he is a cutie huh..  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment