Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Monday!!!! (Polynesian Chicken over Rice)

What a day.. closed all weekend and had to be back this morning at 6am..  that is so hard for me..  I just don't sleep well after I close it hurts my body so much,  my neck goes numb as do my shoulders and arms,  and since helping out in the bakery decorating cakes sometimes that really messes up my right hand..  I usually can't feel it from the elbow down.. 
I bought a fresh pineapple Wednesday and have been trying to figure out what to do with it..   so I have been trying to remember a recipe I made a few years ago..  but I can't so I have made one up using what I can remember..  this might be good..  it might not.. we shall see..  lol..  It smells good..














Polynesian Chicken

olive oil
1 onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
3 chicken breast, cut in 1 inch pieces
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 c apricot preserves
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c orange or pineapple juice
1 can pineapple chunks, or 1  fresh cut pineapple

In a medium bowl mix the apricot preserves, soy sace and orange or pineapple juice.  In a large saucepan heat the olive oil,  add the onion and peppers and cook about 3 to 5 minutes..  remove and cook chicken about 5 to 10 minutes until cooked through,  add the vegetables back to the pan, add the garlic, the sauce and pineapple chunks and cook for about 15 minutes..  serve over rice..  

No comments:

Post a Comment